News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

You know what would be awesome?

Started by MagmarFire, June 29, 2009, 02:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagmarFire

If we had an actual Zelda saga of games (maybe two or three), all that summarize one overall plot in the timeline. I mean, hey, if Ratchet and Clank can have a saga, why not Zelda? I'm sure it'd be able to own, at least story-wise.

Plus, it would allow for wider character development and would allow for a cliffhanger, the likes of which are practically nonexistent in Zelda, to my knowledge. I'd be all for that.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Hi no Seijin

Are you forgetting Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages?
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

MagmarFire

Keaton

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

Technically, if you play it in the right order, all of Zelda is a linear saga, you'd just have to play some games simultaneously.

Uximadesk

True, but no game occurs within moments of the other's ending, they usually have at least some months of gap between them. It would be good to see a true saga that is focused on just one plot (much like how Metroid Prime is still part of the whole story, but has unique plot elemnts that distinguish the games and sets them apart in a group of their own).

Maybe a saga focused on Dark Link as the driving force of the plot. Or maybe  even the story of the foundation of New Hyrule (I hope they don't fill that spot with ST)
~*Wizzrobe Clan*~
IMMA CHANGIN MAH SIGNATURE

Keaton

Maybe one elaborating on the imprisonment of the Twili.

Hi no Seijin

I still want to know what happened to Tarm.  And what happened to Ambi's Palace in Labrynna?  And I still want to see more Termina.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

Keaton

More Termina would be rather delicious... I wanted to say that at first, but figured it would just sound like more rabid fanboyism.  Then again, I'm really a rabid fanboy for MM, so it all fits.

Hi no Seijin

I was just thinking another game with the Minish in it would be awesome. Except this time, feature more Mountain Minish.  Best.  Minish.  Ever.

This one could focus more on the back story to TMC.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

MagmarFire

Quote from: Lawliet on June 29, 2009, 11:10:10 PM
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

...But they tell completely different stories. You can play either one without worrying about the other plot.

Quote from: Rorschach Mikaudes on June 30, 2009, 12:00:21 AM
True, but no game occurs within moments of the other's ending, they usually have at least some months of gap between them. It would be good to see a true saga that is focused on just one plot (much like how Metroid Prime is still part of the whole story, but has unique plot elemnts that distinguish the games and sets them apart in a group of their own).

Maybe a saga focused on Dark Link as the driving force of the plot. Or maybe  even the story of the foundation of New Hyrule (I hope they don't fill that spot with ST)

Yay! Someone gets what I'm saying! :D

xarlote

xarlote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru