News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Rate the Siggeh above you

Started by Pabrizzle, July 26, 2011, 02:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pabrizzle

This hasn't been done, yet? I don't know if it has or not, but I thought it'd be good to start one up.

Sooooo, I go first I guess. Erm 10/10 cause only the TDC itself is before me, and its never a good idea to anger the site... or the server. More importantly.

MagmarFire

At least a 9/10. The effects look nice, and the image shading is really good, as well. It makes the original Skull Kid image look a little more up-to-date, in my opinion.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Keaton

Unfortunately, I'm a graphic designer, so I am beholden to provide nothing but my honest opinion.

The top one, I give a 4/10.  It gets the point across, and that's very important.  However, the focal points of the signature are not where one would expect them, and leave one feeling confused as to what, exactly, they're supposed to be looking at.  The blending is, in a word, nonexistent, and the reflections in the background further distract from the overall flow of the sig.

As for the second one, I quite like it, and give it a 8/10.  The colors, stocks and effects re well-blended, and it draws the eye to the focals of the image quite nicely.  The only things that irk me about it are the text, which stands out far too much and doesn't have the right feel for the rest of the signature, and the height of the image-- I understand it's a tall image to begin with but it feels like I'm looking at a little too much.

Mags, baby, I love ya, but we gotta update those sigs!

Pabrizzle

8 (Excellent) / 10

I have to say, I do like this sig QUITE a lot. It's difficult to tell exactly what elements constitute it, which is a good thing.

At the very least, the blending is incredibly well done. The shift from background to foreground is impeccable, excellent blurring and sharpening. There seems to be a bit of a lack of quality on the main stock, but that graininess may have come from sharpening? I can't really tell. Somehow, it actually adds MORE to the sig, because it makes the stock come that much more into the foreground.

Now, if the background is all a part of one single stock image, combined with D.J. himself, then the blur and blend is well done, but the sig would only merit a 7/10. Techincally it's just not that demanding. But if separate renders were used, and then wrought into a perfectly seamless background, that would definitely earn the 8 rating. Quite well done. I just can't tell.

The color balance is also rather nice. The blue and orange/yellow effect is just the right mix of warm and cool. I like the palette overall.

So there's really not much for me to criticize. At the utmost nitpickiest I'd say I'd like some text. There's also two places where the blur seems just a little off: on the candle flame and on the column just left of the head. I just don't have much more to say besides I like it!

Pale Dim

I would rate yours a 7/10. It's very pretty.

3308-7723-6389

cousintony

5/10. I like the darkness of it and the idea. But it seems a little to plain for me.

Deku

7/10
I like the way the colors blend with such a dark game of the series.

Pale Dim

7/10
It's very dramatic, and a nice way to have the colors contrast.

3308-7723-6389

xarlote

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

xarlote

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

xarlote

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting