News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Which Do you like More?

Started by MasterKeyX, June 09, 2006, 07:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterKeyX

Out of the two classic Zelda games, which one do you like more and why?

I like Legend of Zelda better, the free roaming had so much awesome stuff to explore. I didnt really like side-scrolling in Adventure of Link.

RIP my LeafGreen team: 2005-2010

Mysterious F.

LOZ because I haven't played AOL.

Hi no Seijin

I haven't played it, but the first one.  The level building was awkward and the enemies are wickedly annoying in Zelda II.  But I like the side scrolling.  They should use that more often in the 2-D games.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

MasterKeyX

Side-scrolling did turn away from classic Zelda combat...the first one was revolutionary, first to have a save feature. and i thought it was overall fun, the weapons were pretty good for it's day and age.

Nabooru

MagmarFire

It's hard for me to decide. I suppose I like both games equally.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Anju

Aol was my favorite.LoZ was too confusing! :-X ;D

MasterKeyX

loz was confusing, yes, but thats why i loved it so much, it was a challenge :)

No iT iSNt

Zelda Veteran

I didnt like side scrolling either. It just wasnt meant for a Zelda game. However, I believe that is the first game that they introduced the Magic meter. I didnt like the level up system either.

My real Poison team in BW2. They all have perfect natures and EV's. I went the extra distance and bred the right IV's into them. Come at me bro.

bgrugby

Ah the debate that will never cease to die. Well as far as a better game I will go with LoZ (which is still the best of all Zelda games...have to wait till Xmas to find out if TP is better). I would also go with LoZ as far as gameplay and replay value but AoL does get the award for difficulty as it is still the hardest Zelda game in my opinon.

Knil

I would have to say LoZ follows tLoZ rules of a game, but I like AoL better.  I just got bored with LoZ.  Of the topic, that is an awesome pic Masterkey, but please don't tell me that it is from the WORKING version of TP.  I've seen a lot of the old version of TP and I must say TP would have been better if they left that stuff in there.

oracle

larwaa

I always thought AoL was bad, until i really started playing it... It's not as bad as it seems. LoZ is a good game but acctually i choose AoL now... :)

Baka Nezumi

Neither are my favorite.I don't particularly like the side-scrolling thing. I'm not that old so I just can't get used to as many 2-d as anyone else.