News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Safety First

Started by Darth Wyndisis, June 12, 2006, 02:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wyndisis

In case you haven't heard already, Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident and is undergoing surgery.  He was not wearing a helmet.  

I am praying for him, but I am also p*****, bigtime.  Just because wearing a helmet is not a law doesn't mean you shouldn't wear one.  When he gets better, he should not be allowed to ride again (though I seriously doubt he will, after that).  He has the money, so why didn't he buy a sportscar instead of a motorcycle?  And everyone knows regular vehicles are less likely to get you into an accident.

Whocares Edit: No cussing!

MagmarFire

Yeah, no doubt! I mean, look at a motorcycle's riding properties.

It only has two wheels; no outer armor levels of any kind; no airbags; it's smaller, which makes others more oblivious to its prescence; and much more!

Seriously, though, why do we think humans invented helmets, anyway? To help prevent head injury! All because there's, stupidly, not a law out there that prohibits non-helmet useage, that doesn't mean that you should take the advantage of being stupid yourself (sorry if I sound too rash) and not wear one, ultimately risking your life. It's just not smart!

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

newbkyng

well this is stupid... worst link i ever clicked!

MagmarFire

Well, then, no offense, but if you don't like it that much, then post elsewhere. Besides, what you said was quite off-topic.

Anyway, I say that there should be a helmet law everywhere; lives would definitely be saved in greater quantities!

Darth Wyndisis

The helmet law in PA was amended in 2003 so that you don't have to where a helmet there.  I bet the people from Philadelphia had future sight and got the law changed.  God, I hope he is okay.

MagmarFire

Well, that was wise decision for the PA government to do: endanger everyone's lives just to let people be lazy.

But, really, c'mon! They have laws out there requiring you to wear a seat belt, but the helmet laws are more unpopular. The helmet law should be almost EQUALLY important as any seat belt law.

Darth Wyndisis

Definatly.  Ben said he didn't need it because he was careful.  I have been in a car accident before, and from that experience I can tell you that it doesn't matter how careful you are, because it isn't always your fault.  Some 62 year old lady turned in front of him before he could slow down.  I'm sure he was being careful...

You can follow the story by going to http://kdka.com

MasterKeyX

I heard about that on Fox news, i felt really bad for the guy. I really do hope,however, some good comes out of this and it teaches others to wear helmets when riding vehicles.

RIP my LeafGreen team: 2005-2010

Darth Wyndisis

Good will come from it.  It always does.

Hi no Seijin

I hope this dude is okay (sorry for calling him a dude  :-\ ).  And shadowlink13 is right; it doesn't matter how careful you are.  There is always some idiot out there or some other careless person.  I'm careful when crossing the street, but I've been nearly run over twice.  Oh, I'm just now hearing this over the radio.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

Gamefreak

Ben Roethlisberger was born in a city near where I live.  He was born in Findly, Ohio, and I live in Toledo, Ohio.

alical

My friend knew a man whos watch got caught on the wheel of his motor bike. He fell off and was dragged along the road on his face. His face was so horifiacly scared noone could recognise him   :(

Anyway I think (even though it is law) people should always wear seatbelts. This man was driving a car with his wife, 2 children, his friend, his friends wife, and his friends children. He was the only one to wear a seatbelt. He and his friends children survived and his friends wife is in critical condition, everyone else died. The man is alone and his friends children may soon be orphans. All cos they werent wearing seatbelts. My friend lost her parents in a car crash so she always makes everyone put their seatbelt on.

Hi no Seijin

Some people don't want to wear a seal belt because it's uncomfortable.  Well, I'm sure getting lacerated by the windshield is worse.  Others say they don't want to wear a seatbelt because they don't want to ruin their nice dress clothes.  Well, it's going to get ruined when paramedics (or even a coroner) have to cut you out of it to save your life (or in the case of the coroner, perform an autopsy).  People need to get their priorities straight.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

Gamefreak

My theory on people.

MOST OF THEM ARE IDIOTS IN SOME WAY, SHAPE, AND FORM

Darth Wyndisis

Yeah.  That about sums it up.