News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Safety First

Started by Darth Wyndisis, June 12, 2006, 02:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysterious F.

Wearing a helmet actually has little to do with your saftey. If someone shoots you in the head and you're wearing a helmet, the bullet will go strait through the helmet. Also, even with the helmet on he would be seriously injured and need surgery and get head injuries, and the road he crashed in had something to do with it (I know because I live 2 hours from Pittsburgh). Our chances for the superbowl are dead. Oh, and shadowlink13, WATCH THE LANGUAGE!!!! Also MagmarFire, more people die with helmets in motorcycle axcidents than without them. See, what difference does it make? It depends on the axident, not whether or not you're wearing a helmet. He's still alive, thank goodness.

MagmarFire

I think the reason why there are more people that have died by wearing helmets than without is because more people wear helmets than those that don't. I also believe that most of the states in the U.S. have helmet laws, so compare the numbers with those who have died while wearing a helmet with those who haven't; the numbers are very close to the same. See the significance? ;)

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Mysterious F.

Actually, most states have laws saying you don't need a helmet.

JDog

Which is a bad rule, because if it wasn't for helmets, I would probebly be very stupid right know.

Kai

Thank god for helmets for bicycle riders. I'm the one to talk though, I ride a bike at least twice a day without a helmet on. I live in the D.C. area, and I ride around policemen many times without a helmet on and they don't say anything, so I doubt there's any law around here saying you have to wear a helmet. But that's just on a bicycle, not a motorcycle.

Mysterious F.

See, it doesn't make a difference. You're still going to need to go to the hospital after any motorcycle accident.

Kai

Oh, well when you're on a motorcycle you should defineatly wear a helmet. It can make a huge difference on what impact it has on your head. Sure, either way you'll have to go to the hospital, but it can make a difference on the extent of your injuries.

Mysterious F.

You'll still be hurt, though, so no difference. Not even Ben's Accident could change the states' minds.

alical

Yeah but I would rather wear a helmet and get a fractured skull than be in the same accident without a helmet and get brain damage.

Kai

Exactly. There is a huge difference, helmets decrease risks of getting extreme injuries to your skull by a lot. Anyone who says otherwise really shouldn't think about getting a motorcycle anytime soon.

JDog

MagmarFire

Or any two-wheeled vehicle at all, for that matter.

Besides, why do you think more people die in car accidents than plane crashes? It because there are more cars on the road than there are planes in the sky. I still think it's pretty much the same for helmet-wearers and those who don't wear protective headgear.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Darth Wyndisis

QuoteOur chances for the superbowl are dead.
Try not to be so negative.  If all goes well, Ben will be back for the season opener.  If not, the Steelers can still be competative without him.  Do you think Charlie Batch and Omar Jacobs will be twittling their thumbs if it looks like they might have to start the season?  Ben has already been recovering faster than expected.  Five days to get out of the hospital?  Try 40 hours.  In two weeks he will be able to work out and stuff.  The injury that will take the longest to heal is the jaw, which is, what, 8 weeks max?  

You know what this is?  This is a Jerome Bettis fumble at the Indy goal line.  Ben had his head all high in the air, thought he was invincible because he got his team to a Super Bowl, and BOOM.  Wake up call.  I truly believe he has come out of this a changed man.  It will help him grow into a great leader, which a quarterback is supposed to be.  And he will be motivated to work harder to overcome any doubts.  This needed to happen, and it happened at just the right time.

QuoteOh, and shadowlink13, WATCH THE LANGUAGE!!!!
Could you please stop hounding me everytime I say one little no-no word?  Yes, I know "swearing" is against the rules.  I simply said I was pissed because I just learned that my favorite team's quarterback smashed up himself and his motorcycle.  I was reacting with strong emotion.  Strong words reflect strong emotion.  Did I offend anyone by saying I was pissed?  Did I make anyone reel back in shock at what I said?  Was my expression a direct insult to an person(s) on this board?  No, no, and no.

JDog

I heard Ben will be ready by the start of the season...

Back on topic... The rule neads to be that every state or country should make a rule that everyone should have to wear a helmet.

Darth Wyndisis

Yes, he should be.  Which is good.  The season is not doomed after all.

No one ever got off topic.  The topic was aboaut Ben and his accident.  I was talking about how it would affect thim and such.