News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Deku Scrubs: Plant, Animal, Both, or Neither?

Started by MagmarFire, June 19, 2006, 09:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of organism do you think a Deku Scrub is?

Plant
4 (30.8%)
Animal
0 (0%)
Both
7 (53.8%)
Neither
2 (15.4%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

MagmarFire

There is, yet, another mystery that shrouds the Zelda games: what kind of organism is a Deku Scrub, anyway?

I went with plant. What about you?

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Hi no Seijin

Perhaps it is both.  It moves around and has a brain like an animal, but it looks more like a plant.  They could be a whole new kingdom.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

I_Flip_Vans

I said plant for the reason that its almost like a venus fly trap, but can move around.

Kai

I voted both. I don't think anybody really is sure on this subject, but if you think about it, The Legend of Zelda is a fantasy series, and there can be such thing as a plant/animal in made up stories. Now I think if it came down to the Great Deku Tree, I would have to vote plant, even though he can talk. Besides the fact that he can talk, he mostly resembles a plant. Perhaps he can pass as Plant/Dungeon  :P

Hi no Seijin

Fantasy, schamantasy.  The Protista Kingdom is half plant half animal.  Forget a new kingdom for the Deku scrubs; they're just large, multicellular protists. :P
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

Nabooru

That question makes me think I guess its both...

I_Flip_Vans

Hey! You guys are taking the easy way out! Explain your ideas! >:(

iastreb

it moves, it have a flower on his head, i have to explain that DEKU SCRUBS are pieces of wood that have legs?

lil_lady_link

It could be considered both... it has physical properties of an animal, but the appearance of a plant.... :o mesmerizing...

Hi no Seijin

I called it a multicellular protist.  I think that's enough explanation.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

DarkZelda

Both. It can move around like an animals, but has  plant characteristics. Like a venus fly trap. Or Bulbasaur/IIvysaur/Venasaur. Remember the controversy if they were plants? ;)

ReFried ReDead

I think theyre like balogna not meat but close.

alex

if we just had like a cell from a deku we could tell,
plant cells have vacuoles and animal cells dont,
right?

ReFried ReDead

What do they eat? Meat like deku babas? Then they might eat stray kokiris hehe. And where do they stash all those nuts at? (Can it you 10 year old pervs)