News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

GBA or SNES

Started by I_Flip_Vans, June 20, 2006, 11:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I_Flip_Vans

Ive played both, i dont own a SNES, but my friend next door does. I liked the GBA better for the reason that you get to shoot a beam when you get full health with the last sword, you may be able to do that in the SNES version too, just didnt check.

Well what do you like better?

Hi no Seijin

I'm sorry, but this is kind of pointless.  They are exactly the same game.  The only difference is that when you get 10 medals in FS on the GBA, you get to do the riddle quest in ALttP.  And when you beat Ganon in ALttP and Vaati (at least in the first quest) in FS, you get to take on the Palace of the Four Sword in the Dark World.  Taking the game as a whole (without the extra stuff because of the GBA), there is nothing to compare.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

JDog

What are you talking about, the screen differs from each, one screans small, and the other isn't and thats probably the only thing to compare.

Gamefreak

I was playing my friend's SNES emulator the other day.  And I did notice that when Link swings his sword in the GBA version he makes this little annoying shriek.  Although I have been close to making it sound like he's shrieking Jingle Bells.

Nabooru

I only have played gba :(.

Anju

Gamefreak

MagmarFire

For myself, I think I'd prefer the GBA version. Other than it's the only one I have, it has other stuff that the SNES version doesn't.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

newbkyng

I've played both. In the GBA version you get to keep shovel

Gamefreak

yeah that's true.  It becomes the flute after you dig it up.

MagmarFire

Not only that, but you can take the GBA version everywhere you go. That's one reason why ALttP for GBA is revolutionary.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Hi no Seijin

That's why I love Nintendo.  They are the pioneers in the video game universe.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

Gamefreak

And a couple years later, everyone copies them.

Nikori

O.o I can't believe that no one is noticing the Japanese to English translation fixes for the GBA version.

The SNES LttP game had sloppy, confusing translations in some portions of the game, which were fixed for the GBA version.

I personally don't have a preference for which game to play. Well, maybe the SNES version, only because those controls are more familiar to me, and the screen resolution is higher =D The GBA version makes me feel a little claustrophobic at times.

wiizard

But there's more to compare the puzzles for the ice palace in snes were harder and other details that don't affect the game are that for example characters were changed, in GBA in thw witch's house is like a magician apprentice in Snes it's an old man.