News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Good game

Started by Marin, February 23, 2005, 01:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marin

I thought that this was a good game. It was the first one I really played. One exelent thing in it was the lenghth of time it took. That way you can play Zelda for hours, this game and OOT are proboly my favorites.

Master Goron

Me too, this was my second experience with Zelda(I had LoZ when I was like 5) but this is easily my favorite. It had originality, it was long, and it had an epic story. I love how it starts out, it's my all time favorite for any game.

Now I have the GBA version, and it's also great(of course). I would recommend it to everyone...

Jack

Aside from Adventure of Link (which long in an impossible kind of way), Link to the Past is the game that took me the longest, and gave me the most enjoyment along the way. Five stars!

Too bad the subsequent Zeldas didn't continue this formula...  :-\

bgrugby

I agree, most people praise OofT for being the best Zelda game (ironically for many of them it was the first Zelda they played) but it was nothing compared to the first three (LofZ, Zelda II, and LttP). LttP was the reason my grades dropped severely in middle school back in the day.

Evilslayer

Hey, nice to have you back, Rugby! ;D

Anyway, I love ALttP. It's a classic, has a great story, it introduced the Master Sword, was long, etc. In my mind OoT can never compare to the four first Zeldas. ;D

Archaic Sage

This was my second Zelda game, after OoT (I was a Sega child). I love it. It's so much fun. It's got the longness that I desire, with a depth of storyline as well as difficulty.

Brillant.

Davros

I grew up with this game and I still have the fond memories that come with it. For me it wasn't as good as Oot but I'm just weird that way. I feel that Mm always gets a harsh time of it but it was one of my favourite Zelda games and I enjoyed the new feel it had to it making it slightly different from the other Zelda games. Link to the Past is brilliant and was certainly better than Adventure of Link, which just irritated me.

DarkZelda

i have it for gba, and it rocks ;D

Omni-Link

yea i have it for gba it is pretty cool

MagmarFire

The thing I hate about the GBA version, though, is that you need to play Four Swords to be able to get into the Palace of the Four Sword in ALttP. Anybody hate that concept?

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Gamefreak

Kind of.  It's especially hard for people like me who don't have any friends.

Blank

Wow, how I've neglected to get my 2 Cents in on Link to the Past...

It's my favourite, followed up by Ocarina of Time and Adventure of Link. It took me a good, long time during my first play through, back when I was 10 or so, but nowadays it's finishable in under 2 hours, if you play it as expertly as I do  8)

I've never played the GBA port, and I never will. For all I care, FS/FSA/MC can rot.

My favourite dungeon is the Ice Palace, Kholdstare was just plain cool, followed by Blind's Hideout and East Palace. Excellent music, the Dark World Theme is by far my favourite Zelda theme, and they did good with the rest of the themes as well.

Nabooru

I have it for gba and its cool but I like tthings that are made for a T.V,

PokemonMaster

I have it for GBA and it is totally awsome.  And it is really the only one I play.

PhantomLink

The graphics were good for GBA. Also the story was good.