News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Is Termina in the same dimention as Hyrule?

Started by IronKnuckle, January 16, 2007, 03:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronKnuckle

Ok, before you deny what I'm about to say, read it. I think I have proof Termina is in the same world as Hyrule. As you know, Link got into Termina through a portal in Lost Woods, and if anyone else gos in there besides him, and the kokiri they turn to Stalfos or Skull kids. So here's my proof.
1. The happy mask salesman is in Termina but he is originally from Hyrule.Since he can't go through lost woods without being turned to a Stalfos, he must of gone through another way (like by traveling across a border to Termina).
2. The eastern border of Termina looks almost exactly like the western border of Hyrule from OoT. This could mean they are connected.
3. When you give the sirlion rock to the goron in Mountian Village, he says it tastes like the ones in Dodongos Cavern. He wouldn't know about Dodongos Cavern unless he had been there. He couldn't go through the lost woods portal either so he had to go another way also.
4. Termina is also populated with the same races as Hyrule. Most people say this is becuase its a parallel world so it would have some similarities. However all the other parallel worlds ( like the Twilight Realm in Twilight Princess) have diffrent races. Thus the races in Termina must have immigrated from Hyrule.

Hi no Seijin

Let me make this clear before I go on.  I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm not exactly saying you're right.  The whole thing is a matter of interpreting the evidence given in the game and a whole lot of guess work.  All I'm going to do is point out a few things.  If you still like what you came up with better, then by all means go with it.  I myself use whatever theory best suits the plot of the story I'm writing.

Now that that's out of the way, let me throw out some more points to consider.

1.)  Are you sure he's originally from Hyrule?  Sure, his debut was in OoT, but that's not to say that he isn't from Termina.  Perhaps he is a Terminian who knows how to get to Hyrule.  No where in OoT or MM does he discuss his past life, so his land of birth can be either Hyrule or Termina.  Also, he can go through the Lost Woods without turning into a Stalchild.  Look at Mido, Saria, Link, and that one Kokiri you get the Poacher's Saw from in the trading sequence.  They have all kept their original form in the Lost Woods.  So people turning into Stalchildren in the Lost Woods is either a rumor, or it takes a long time for someone to turn into a Stalchild.

2.)  This is actually a good point.  This could mean Hyrule and Termina are connected.  However, it could just be coincidence.  It all depends on how you want to interpret it.

3.)  Keep in mind that Anju was a duplicate of the Cucco Lady in Kakariko Village.  So either she (and a few other people) have twins with one living in Termina and one living in Hyrule, or Termina is a different dimension and just happen to have a cavern that's also called Dodongo's Cavern.  Again, it's up to how you explain the duplicates in Termina.

4.)  Here's something else to keep in mind:  centaurs are a Greek mythological creature.  But centaurs are also in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis.  Obviously, Ancient Greece and Narnia are not with in the same plane of existance.  This leaves open the possibility that parallel worlds can have the same races.

Again, I'm not saying that you're wrong and that I'm right.  I'm just throwing out some more points for people.  If you don't want to use them, then don't, but don't be so quick to dismiss them.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

LadyNintendo

The other Kokiri is called Fado and it's Terminan, not Terminian.

I wouldn't know if Termina and Hyrule are in the same dimension, but I've always thought they are. We all know the "excuse" for the similar looking characters is the fact it was easier for Nintendo to use old models rather than have to fill a new world completely with new models. Just like they didn't bother to create different models for all non-humanoids. The art at least makes the Hyruleans and Terminans look different. They can't be the same people either if we look at Cremia and Romani. I doubt Romani will look identical to her big sis when she's grown up (ergo, she's not similar to Malon).  

Hi no Seijin

One, I like using Terminian.  That's what I personally use.  It's like how it can be either Hyrulian or Hyrulean (I use the latter).

Two, we're going to push aside the fact that Nintendo used the same models as an explanation.  That sort of takes out the fun of creating an explanation of why there would be people in Termina who looked similar to people in Hyrule.  I mean, can you imagine going to Termina and saying to Romani, "Hey, you look like this one ranch chick I know back in Hyrule because the guys at Nintendo used the same model for you as they used for her"?  Maybe only in a Zelinku Productions story.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

larwaa

If someone gets lost in the Lost Woods they become Stalfos.. Maybe the Happy Mask Salesman have a good sence of direction...?  Termina and Hyrule is not in the same dimension since allmost all of the characters in OoT is reused in MM... If not everyone has a twin in Termina that is.. ???

Lokes

Uhm, no one that gets lost in the Lost Woods becomes a Stalfos... that's all wrong. We all know what you mean though.
Stalkid's the thing...

And I used to call you my great Zelda Master  :'(

Just kidding, I'm sure it was just a glich.

And Terminia is in another dimension. A paralel universe/dimension/world.
The rising sun will eventually set,
a newborns life will fade.
From sun to moon, moon to sun...
Give peaceful rest to the living dead...

--------------------------------------
"Aim for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..." - Les Brown -
-------------

larwaa

When u get the blue cuccoo for the ugly guy in the Lost Woods in the quest for the BigGoron Sword... ur suposed to get something for him.. When u get back with it he's gone and theres a Kokiri girl there who says he became a stalFOS.. and by the way... it's Skullkid.. not Stalkid -_-'

LadyNintendo

TERMINA! Not Terminia! And how do you know it's in another dimension?

The girl is called Fado, and yes, it bothers me when people don't know her name.  :-\ Though I guess I can't blame anyone for not knowing that.

Lokes

Aah, right. Sorry Larwaa.

yeah Termina, Sorry, just stuck up in an old habbit i guess:P

Dont worry though, Im about to play through the game again, Iæll get it stright after that.  :P

"Aim for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..." - Les Brown -
-------------

larwaa

hihi :P instead of pushing the ' button he pushed the æ on the keyboard.. Wich is a Norwegian and Danish letter :) Way to go Kris :P

Lokes

HAHAHA! Funniest ever! And btw, people turn into skullkids in the lost woods. not stalfos! Seriously...

-------------

larwaa

I remember her saying Stalfos.. even though I've always thought.. "ey thats wrong! its skullkid! " but probably me just jumping through the text and seeing something that looked like Stalfos when it really was Skullkid... ;)
anyways... back to topic :P

Lokes

It should be Skullkid, other things seems so weird. Stalfos seems completely out of the picture... Then we'd have to kill the poor fellow.  :-*

Back to topic, answer to headline - no.

-------------

LadyNintendo

Lost Woods +

Kokiri = Skullkids
"Everybody" (think she means humanoids) = Stalfos.

Lokes

Yeah, I just mix the names all the time. I always mean the small wood-like creatures with no face. Poor fellows, no face... :(

Anyways, yeah... whatever. forgot my own words again.

-------------