News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Is Termina in the same dimention as Hyrule?

Started by IronKnuckle, January 16, 2007, 03:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi no Seijin

It really is up to interpretation.  Zelda just doesn't really give us any clear cut answers.  I really don't see why everyone can't come up with multiple versions of Hyrules where you used different interpretations of the evidence you find.  That's one of the reasons I like Zelda.  If I want Termina to be in the same plane as Hyrule, I can, but if I feel like having Termina not be in the same plane, I can make it a different dimension.  You all really need to stop acting like your interpretation is the only one.  That's why I don't like discussing Zelda theories; you all get so serious about it.  Lighten up some and open your minds to the possibility of different versions of Hyrule.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

IronKnuckle

I didn't mean to say that mine was the only way, sorry if it came out that way.

Hi no Seijin

Eh, that's how most people who discuss timelines come off as to me.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

Lokes

I thought someone actually said it was in another dimension, like commercial, or dialogue in the game.. But I'm going to play the game again soon, so we'll see then...  ;D
The rising sun will eventually set,
a newborns life will fade.
From sun to moon, moon to sun...
Give peaceful rest to the living dead...

--------------------------------------
"Aim for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..." - Les Brown -
-------------

IronKnuckle

I just thought of something. Just becuase Link has to go through a portal (or a warp point or what ever you call them) to get to Termina doesn't mean its in another demention. There ar portals to Goron city and Zora river there and a portal to Zora's domain in lake Hylia and they aren't in alternant dementions.

Lokes

Indeed, excellent point! How does this continue, I'm eager to learn!

"Aim for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..." - Les Brown -
-------------

IronKnuckle

Ok you know how Skullkids can't leave the lost woods after theyve been cursed? Well how come the Skull Kid in MM can leave it and enter Termina? Is he an excepton or can he do this because of Majora's Mask.

Lokes

Well, it seemed to me that the portal to Termina was inside the Lost Woods, ans also, the Mask grants wishes. If you would read the manga please. :P

Perhaps it's the mask who did it, or perhaps he never left Hyrules Lost Woods, perhaps the portal was indeed in the Lost Woods, and he got to Termina through there. Also, in Termina it seems to me the rules of nature is different, so the Skullkid could roam around freely without anything happening to him.
I thought he got the Majoras Mask in Termina, but I might be wrong...

Does this mean anything to you? Do I help? hehe

-------------

IronKnuckle

Yes it helps thanks. I can't read the manga. I have never found a site that has it in English and I can't exactly read Japaneas.

Hi no Seijin

Best.  Cane.  EVER!

Lokes

That might've been where I got it, Larwaa sent me the link. He'll know! ;D

-------------

IronKnuckle

Speaking of the Lost Woods. Ok so if Kokiri stay in the lost woods too long they become Skull Kids. How come Saria spends most of the game in the Lost Woods and suffers no effects BEFORE SHE BECOMES A SAGE?

Commodore Axilon

Because it's likely a lie told by the Deku Tree for the Kokiri's protection. You know, like Kokiri can't survive outside the forest, yet they clearly can.

IronKnuckle

No I mean lost woods not outside the forest. There are Skull Kids that (the anoying) Navi says were once Kokiri.

Anyway can we get back on topic please.

Lokes

1. She's the FOREST sage
2. She's not Lost in the Lost woods. So she should be fine, remember Mido also goes into the Lost Woods. But none of them get lost, so they both stay Kokiri ;)

-------------