News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Relationships Topic

Started by Baka Nezumi, May 21, 2007, 08:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pea-Tear Griffin

Thanks for that, and I know I have that one night. I more have the fear that I'm gonna try to hard. Or that I'm just going to mess it up either way... But nonetheless I thank you for your insight on the matter.
Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

MagmarFire

If you want my opinion, I think she's going about the relationship the wrong way. She's giving you one night to make her happy, or else she cuts the whole thing off? A relationship built solely on that aspect of happiness sounds...flimsy--easy to wither. If you successfully make her night (which I think you can do, by the way, which is part of the inspiration for my following the outcome to its logical conclusion), that only sounds like a temporary solution. It would only be a matter of time before she pulls the same requirement, the same deadline, and the same stress on you again.

I can't say for sure what the right course of action is, as that's both subjective and that I obviously don't have all the information about your guys' relationship, but it sounds to me that in order to avoid the most heartache in the long run, you'd be better off finding someone else. Yes, that sounds very unpleasant, and to be honest, I wish I could suggest a better way. It's just that it wouldn't be a long shot to assume that after you succeed and win her over again, she'll treat the relationship as a toss-up and put you back into the exact same situation--only that time, your feelings for her would potentially be even stronger, making your desire for appeasing her much more dire.

Forgive me if it sounds like I'm taking this lightly. I did not intend to make it sound that way. I just think that you may be setting yourself up for delayed yet more powerful heartache if you try to prolong it.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Pea-Tear Griffin

No no, don't worry I see how you mean to say it. And It was actually my choice to be based on a night, and I know it seems foolish but she's been telling me that her feelings have been slipping for about 2 weeks now, and I have been trying my all. But I don't want to make her feel bad for wanted to break up because of my well being and I don't want to hold her back from being happy.

I decided to try at least one last time before I try and move on. Though I don't want to admit it, I know I may not be best for her...

MagmarFire

Oh. My apologies for the slight misunderstanding, then.

Pea-Tear Griffin

No apologies needed my good sir

The Glamour Nazi

I mean, really if her feelings are slipping now, they'll likely do it again, I sorta agree with Mags, but I'm also a fan of never giving up til it explodes in my face. Also, when I said happiness, I meant mutual, as in she wants the same for you, if she doesn't, I know I wouldn't stay...

So a few tips for that night, make it FUN, Not romantic, romance is a surprisingly shallow emotion, she'll be more likely to stay with you if you're fun to be around. Of course, it can be romantic AND fun, but if you have to choose between the two, go for fun.

Don't go out, stay in and have fun.

And tell her how you feel, and remind her that things wax and wane, things won't always seem perfect, but you do try your very best. If she believes you, good, if not... Well... I'm sure you'll know what to do.

MagmarFire

So I met a girl online--college-exclusive, meaning you need a (most likely valid) college e-mail address in order to get in. She goes to MSU, and she seems cool. I asked that when she's not too busy (namely, after she moves back into her dorm on the 29th), we should meet up sometime. Her response?

"I would love to meet up sometime."

The Glamour Nazi

Quote from: MagmarFire on August 11, 2011, 05:27:56 PM
So I met a girl online--college-exclusive, meaning you need a (most likely valid) college e-mail address in order to get in. She goes to MSU, and she seems cool. I asked that when she's not too busy (namely, after she moves back into her dorm on the 29th), we should meet up sometime. Her response?

Good luck.

update for me: In a relationship, long distance, girl in Texas. I really like her. We talk nightly on the phone.

MagmarFire

Have you been visiting her?

The Glamour Nazi

Quote from: MagmarFire on August 14, 2011, 08:35:16 AM
Have you been visiting her?

My first visit is planned for the end of the year.

MagmarFire

It would be the opportune time, I suppose. People are off on break, after all.

On your moped, or by air?

alex

hey, if you'll be anywhere near college station, TX, hit me up :]

cacturnerules

Quote from: MagmarFire on August 16, 2011, 06:18:47 PM
On your moped?

HELL YES. How many thousands of miles is that?

Can anyone say ROAD TRIP?! (forever alone, though. v.v)

And Mags, make us proud, son. ^w^

The Glamour Nazi

Quote from: alex on August 16, 2011, 09:39:25 PM
hey, if you'll be anywhere near college station, TX, hit me up :]

Is that anywhere near Houston?

Quote from: BK201XIII on August 17, 2011, 07:04:44 PM
Quote from: MagmarFire on August 16, 2011, 06:18:47 PM
On your moped?

HELL YES. How many thousands of miles is that?

Can anyone say ROAD TRIP?! (forever alone, though. v.v)

23 hours by car.

likely to be like... 60+ on my moped. XD

Pale Dim

Quote from: MagmarFire on August 11, 2011, 05:27:56 PM

GO MAGS! GO GO GO!

3308-7723-6389