News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Four Light Spirits [spoilers?]

Started by Fishalicious, June 06, 2007, 03:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishalicious

Did anyone else notice that in the cutscene that starts after clearing the last of the twilight... Lanaryu says "It was then that the goddesses called on us three light spirits to intervene."?

I was always under the illusion that there were, you know, four light spirits... Ordana, Faron, Eldin, and Lanaryu.

And there's only three concentrated balls of light in the picture, too.

Mysterious F.

This is a major spoiler, but...

All three of the lgith spirits have a mask thing. The first three you find are in the dungeons in Faron Woods, Death Mountain, and Lake Hylia. Mifna has the fourth, which belongs to Ordona.

Why, of course, only three were mentioned is beyond me.

Commodore Axilon

Uh, the Fused Shadows didn't belong to the spirits. The were given to those bosses by Zant, as I recall. And Midna has the fourth because she was the Twilight Princess, and Zant presumably got the other ones from the Twilight King.

IronKnuckle

Quote from: Commodore Egghead on June 06, 2007, 04:43:06 PM
Uh, the Fused Shadows didn't belong to the spirits. The were given to those bosses by Zant, as I recall. And Midna has the fourth because she was the Twilight Princess, and Zant presumably got the other ones from the Twilight King.
No, Zant is tring to get them. That is why hes after Midna. The fused shadows were stored in the temples, but then they possesed things to form the bosses.

Commodore Axilon

Yeah, you're right. What the heck am I talking about? ;)

Well, then why does Midna have the fourth piece then?

Edit: Well, first let's see if I have it right. The usurper dudes were using the Fused Shadows in an attempt to take the Sacred Realm. The gods, angered by this, used the light spirits to banish them to the Twilight Realm. The Shadows were consequently split and hidden in the three temples. That right so far? Midna, somehow, is the owner of the fourth Shadow, and that's what I'm confused about.

Mysterious F.

In some flashback when they show Midna being turned into her chibi form by Zant, she is seen without her helmet thing, and after a bit she's staring at the helmet/fourth Fused Shadow in greed.

Commodore Axilon

Yeah, but where did she get it from? :-*

Hi no Seijin

I don't remember the scene to well, but wasn't it the ground?  So the question should be "How did the fourth piece get there?"
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

Fishalicious

YouTube is great for cutscenes.

...Wow I love Zant. Anyways, I think that Zant forgot to steal the last one from her. ...Which he ended up doing later after the water temple.

Back on topic, now, though? Please? ;)

Commodore Axilon

Quote from: Fisk on June 07, 2007, 06:03:45 PM

...Wow I love Zant. Anyways, I think that Zant forgot to steal the last one from her. ...Which he ended up doing later after the water temple.

Yeah, that doesn't really explain anything. It just kind of flew out of her hand, which brings us back to the original question of why she had it in the first place.

QuoteBack on topic, now, though? Please? ;)

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Penguin dude 2

Maybe the Interlopers were able to hide it from the Light Spirits.

IronKnuckle

Quote from: Fisk on June 07, 2007, 06:03:45 PM

N Zant still let her have the one on her head. Nintendo probly didn't feel like making a Midna mode without the helmet that had to have an indepth phisics engine. They only showed her without it in the cutscene where it shows her becoming an imp.

darkphantomime

I don't recall an Ordana ever being mentioned. Ordon is a part of Faron...

Commodore Axilon

Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru are the three provinces of Hyrule. Ordon is not in Hyrule. Ergo, Ordon can not be a part of Faron.

IronKnuckle

Eureka (or however you spell it).

Ordona wasn't one of the 3 listed becuase ordona province didn't exist at the time.

Ordona didn't exist in OOT. TP takes place about 300 years after OOT. Since the Twili have obviously been there alot longer than that, and since Ordon seems (to me) to have only been there 50 years at most, the interlopers must have been banished before OOT. My guess they were probly banished 600-1000 years before OOT.
Thus Ordona Province (and the Ordona light spirit) didn't exist and Ordona couldn't have helped Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru banish them.