News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Four Light Spirits [spoilers?]

Started by Fishalicious, June 06, 2007, 03:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commodore Axilon

So Ordona just popped up out of nowhere then? That doesn't make a lot of sense. Also, the idea of a spirit only existing when the area it represents becomes a political one with geographic boundaries seems completely ridiculous.

I'd probably just write the whole thing off as a writer oversight, but if you guys really think it's that important...

IronKnuckle

Quote from: Commodore HNS on December 02, 2007, 05:51:31 PM
So Ordona just popped up out of nowhere then? That doesn't make a lot of sense. Also, the idea of a spirit only existing when the area it represents becomes a political one with geographic boundaries seems completely ridiculous.

I'd probably just write the whole thing off as a writer oversight, but if you guys really think it's that important...
Since that area was unihabited (and thus didn't need protected) the goddesses didn't need to create a light spirit to protect that area yet.

darkphantomime

Where's your proof of time after OoT that TP took place?

Commodore Axilon

Quote from: Iron Knuckle on December 03, 2007, 04:37:02 PM
Since that area was unihabited (and thus didn't need protected) the goddesses didn't need to create a light spirit to protect that area yet.

Assuming that's why the spirits are even there in the first place. They certainly don't do a very good job "protecting' anything or anybody.

And how do you know Ordon was uninhabited before and during OoT?

MagmarFire

Good point, Commodore. In OoT, there was never really a mentioning of Ordona anywhere, so I assume that all of Link's adventure then took place in Hyrule alone, outside of the Ordona Province. Or at least that's how I'll hypothesize. Either way, we can't be sure about its population.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

IronKnuckle

Quote from: Commodore HNS on December 04, 2007, 12:25:16 PM
Quote from: Iron Knuckle on December 03, 2007, 04:37:02 PM
And how do you know Ordon was uninhabited before and during OoT?
Becuase if you compare TP and OOTs maps Ordona province is in the middle of lost woods. Thus the village couldn't have been around then.

Commodore Axilon

Is it? Is it really?!

How do you figure this? I would've assumed it'd be somewhere southeast of Lake Hylia. You know, off the map.

Edit: Is it really Ordona and not Ordon? I thought Ordona was the spirit...or is it the other way around?

DW

Ordona is the Goddess, Ordon is the province.

I shall leave now. But just so you know....

So play nice, you two...Five, I mean. Or six...somewhere around there...whatever, bye.
­

MagmarFire

Nah, I think Shad called the province "Ordona" when Link was trying to get to the castle to save Midna. I think Ordon is the village within Ordona. I could be wrong, though... I might've forgotten to look at the map to see if both variations of the province name are consistent with what Shad called it...

IronKnuckle

Quote from: SNH on December 04, 2007, 10:48:12 PM

I think the operative word here is "Pwned".

Anyway...
Ordon=Village
Ordona=Province/Spirit

iastreb

Wow, think if Ordona is in Termina. Nah, just kidding.

Anyway. I remember at the end, when the Spirits gave Zelda the Light Arrows, that they WERE four.  :-\ I could be wrong thought. I havent played TP in 2 months   ::)

Master Dragmire

Due to my extensive studies, it is safe to assume that OoT Hyrule is NOT the same Hyrule. Or at least not the Hyrule that is on the map.

Now as for the Light Spirits, it could be that there was a short war with the interlopers, and the Light Spirits, and the Goddesses need a fourth Light Spirit to defend the province although this doesn't make much sense seeing as how the Desert Province and the Snowpeak Province ( can't remember their names ) don't have their respective Light Spirits, or any active Light Spirits.
Or it is possible that the Ordonian Light Spirit is a fairly new spirit, created by the Goddesses to protect the Hero of Twilight ( I figured that's what he'd be called, correct me on this ).

JoeLink

I think that nintendo just made a mistake there and were like "oops, we forgot...there are four light spirits!" Because I theorize that the light spirits not only protect Hyrule, they protect the entire world. This is what I think: Ordona protects the southern part of the world(because of it being the southernmost spirit), Faron protects the northern part(because it is the spirit located in the most northern direction), Eldin protects the eastern part and Lanayru protects the western part(for reasons obviously noticed). An arguement to this theory is that the two other provinces, desert and peak, are not part of the others. Howerver, I think that they are, because if they weren't you would have to restore the light in each of them as well. I mean, why would Zant just leave them out? Another argument may be that Faron province is not located fully up north. However, I think that Faron province and Lanayru province overlap, but with Lanayru taking the name of that particular northern area.

In conclusion, the light spirits are guardians of the world, not just Hyrule. So of course all four light spirits would appear to stop a threat to not only Hyrule, but the entire WORLD. Plus I am positive that they have been around since the creation of the Triforce.

MagmarFire

Quote from: JoeLink on January 19, 2009, 06:09:50 AM
An arguement to this theory is that the two other provinces, desert and peak, are not part of the others. Howerver, I think that they are, because if they weren't you would have to restore the light in each of them as well. I mean, why would Zant just leave them out?

Possibly because they're such backwater places in the game that it wouldn't really seem to matter if those provinces were covered in twilight or not. It would be a bit of a time saver on his part. But of course, there's always the possibility that he had a motive for those areas, too, especially since one of them houses the Mirror of Twilight--and other motives that we don't really know about.

So yeah, why not? ^^;

JoeLink

Well, Ordona stated "the blight will not stop with Hyrule. Soon the entire world of light will fall into the hands of the king who rules the twilight." So I don't see any reason why Zant would leave those two provinces out. Also, I think the provinces are just named after the spirits by the people who live there, not necessarily meaning the whole area is guarded by that particular light spirit. Also another province nearby could be protected by the same light spirit in that compass direction. But then again, Faron was restored, and the north was still in twilight.

Oh, but I just remembered that I said I believed that some of the provinces overlap. Plus the twilight slowly expands. So whos to say it couldn't creep into another, already restored province. :-\