News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Does anyone know why...

Started by TP Zelda, June 13, 2007, 06:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishalicious

It glows because the sword is in a dark world, but it's got two spheres of solid light in it, so... it glows.

Bboy94

Not literally glows in the mirror, it reflects light, like his eyes. Also, this is how you do "spoiler boxes."

TP Zelda

Zoratunic

Quote from: Iron Knuckle on June 15, 2007, 12:44:35 PM
THANK YOU. By the way, howcome it only glows when in the Palce of Twilight. After you leave its normal.

The reason it glows only while your in the palace is because you need it to cut through the darkness.

DW

Yes, the sols give it special powers in the Twilight Realm.
­

IronKnuckle

But why don't the sols work in the light realm? That is what I'm asking.

MagmarFire

I suppose it'd be because of the barrier separating the two realms. The Sols' power apparently just doesn't do it.

It's like having two adjacent rooms separated with a wall with a door in it that also has no window in it, and we'll say that the door is always closed unless it's in use. You can have the lights on in one room and the lights off in the other. Does the light go through the wall and into the dark room? No. It doesn't work when both lights are on, too. I think the same rule would apply with the Sols.

Also, Midna did say that the Sols are the equivalent of a sun in the Light World. The sun from the Light World does not bring light to the Twilight Realm, and the Sols do not bring light to the Light World. If the Sols cannot bring light to the Light World, I wouldn't be surprised if their power wasn't in the Light World as well, which would explain why the sword won't glow.

Anyway, let's get back on topic...if the topic hasn't been discussed thoroughly enough.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

IronKnuckle

I thought she ment sun as in energy souce, not sun as in light source. They really don't give off enough light to replace the sun. I always assumed that the sols were the "batteries" that the Twili used to power thier technology.

Fishalicious

Well, they don't need a strong sun in a world of Twilight. Otherwise, it wouldn't be called the Twilight Realm. XD;

MagmarFire

Quote from: Iron Knuckle on June 17, 2007, 01:03:19 PM
I thought she ment sun as in energy souce, not sun as in light source. They really don't give off enough light to replace the sun. I always assumed that the sols were the "batteries" that the Twili used to power thier technology.

Well, light IS energy, you know. We use our sun for solar power, and plants use the sun in photosynthesis. The Twili probably do use the Sols for their technology, but I think they have natural uses, too.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Mysterious F.

It does glow in the Light World, but because that world is brighter, it doesn't seem as noticible.

Wait..... we're totally off topic. We need to get back to the mirror.

IronKnuckle

I forgot that that was what this thread was about XD.

Vaati

Quote from: Sabaku no Gaara on June 13, 2007, 06:05:15 PM
Does anyone know why there's a mirror in Link's basement? What's its purpose?

Just for decoration, I guess.
See, everyone?! SEE?! I TOLD you he was an ego maniac!  ;D

Twilight Wolf

I'm guessing the mirror was just an Easter Egg put in there for fun. No real reason for it, but still fun to discover!
What, you expect me to say something witty?

Vaati