• Welcome to The Desert Colossus.
 

News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Project Twilight

Started by Fishalicious, June 27, 2007, 12:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishalicious

Yep, I made another topic...  ;) If you want to combine them or something, mods, go for it. XD;

Anyways, I'm joining forces with another person (here) to make a comic. I'm uh... not sure half of you would enjoy reading it, though. ;)

But anyways, I haven't started my half of the comic yet or anything, but I'll add the pages when I do. ^w^

I have, however, finished the cover page. I apologize for the big ugly watermark across the middle, but it had to be done. There's thieves everywhere on the internet.

Critique is very welcome, by the way. (Though I do realize Vio(left) has an enlarged head. ;) )

Edit:

For simplicity's sake, I have the entire doujinshi uploaded here so far:

Project Twilight

The password is "wind", by the way. ^^; I don't want to make it public, but I wanted you guys to be able to see it fairly hassle free.

Prologue:
Page One
Page Two
Page Three
Page Four
Page Five
Page Six
Page Seven
Page Eight

DW

Oy, be you trying to rival me and Pixie in the comic industry?!? The cover looks very good though. So what's the general idea of this?
­

Fishalicious

Well, the main part of it is that Vio touches a shard of the dark mirror, and Shadow Link shows up later at their house. He can't exist in the sunlight without holding onto Vio, due to the shattered dark mirror and Vio having touched the shard.

I'm not going to run you guys out of business, I'm not as good an artist/writer. u_u Plus, it's more along the lines of a serious comic than a parody comic.

MagmarFire

Regardless of whether it's funny or not, it still sounds interesting. I mean, half of the reason I read El Goonish Shive is because of its great plot. Of course, the other half is because it's funny. :D

Anyway, I can't wait for you to begin! Tell us when the first comic's done, all right? ;)



Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Fishalicious

Page one

I have one page so far, I'm working on page two. It will hopefully be toned.

and I drew this quick little comic a few nights ago.

The Truth About Ezlo.

MagmarFire

You did very well! :D

The comic was pretty funny, by the way. :P



Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

DW

For some reason, that doesn't surprise me about Ezlo..
­

Fishalicious

#7
Page two is finished and up!

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59138732/

There's actual (badly formatted) text. Reads right to left...

And, so as not to bore you with the one page at a time thing I've got going on, here's a acrylic piece I made at the beginning of the year. (not fanart, sorry.)

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/47597715/

MagmarFire

Man, you truly have a great talent, Fisk! Keep it up! :D



Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

DW

*ahem*If you....ever wanna do any cross-overs with me and Piksi... ::)
­

alical

It's so good!
(The comic and the picture)
You really do have talent!

Pixie

*-* OOoooh!! I'm liking it so far. *magiacally turns into your cheerleader* I also really like the windfish, that's a neat idea- and it's beautifully done. <3

<drops hugemongeous sack of cookies on you*

Fishalicious

Ah, I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long! I've been busy (Realmscon is next month! I hardly have any of my costume finished, and we still need to dye it, and the rain and the storms and th- -shot-) with a lot of stuff, and so far, page three is cursed. :o

The first page had water spilled... ALL over it. D: The second try ended up with blood on Blue's cheek (I think it's from a mosquito, I mean, I didn't do it.) and the third one... looks.... dumb. XD

Twilight Wolf

I hate when stuff like that happens! It's very frustrating. I hope you can get past this slump.
What, you expect me to say something witty?

Fishalicious

#14
Thanks a lot! ^^ I'm past the slump, my scanner just won't pick up a lot of the lines. (I'm darkening them now) Since I'm scared to ink it, my partner is going to line it and tone it in photoshop. However, until the entire comic is finished, I'm not posting the toned pieces.

I also said "screw it" to my ruler... mostly because it broke, but still... so the lines aren't straight, anymore.

So.. without further ado:

The long awaited page three!

Oh yeah, and for your entertainment:

Opposit Hand Doodles!

The Vaatis are both my normal hand, and the writing is opposite hand. :3;