News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Best Zelda Game

Started by Mysterious F., September 19, 2007, 02:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysterious F.

Well, with two new Zelda games out, Twilight Princess and Phantom's Hourglass, I feel it's time for another discussion about the best Zelda games.

Unfortunately, however, the number of Zelda Games has increased over the years, and, rather than make a new poll for each game, I rather have one, big "Best Zelda Game" discussion. It'll be just like a poll, but you'll have to actually state your favorite game instead of simply clicking a button. And the best part about this is that, unlike polls, you can actually change your vote, and all you have to do is say the word.

As for me, I say Twilight Princess. The graphics were great. Hyrule was more explored. The characters were great. The dungeons, monsters, and items ruled. It was very original. It was fun. The Twilight Realm was awesome. All the bosses and mini-bosses were awesome. I won't go on anymore and state evry little thing about the game I like.

Well, here's the choices at this current point of the Zelda series:

• Legend of Zelda - 3 Votes (Selected by HippyMan, DarkZelda, link-ttp)
  • Adventure of Link - 0 Votes
  • Link to the Past - 5 Votes (Selected by Gamefreak, Shika, Davros, Bboy, link-ttp)
  • Link's Awakening - 1 Votes (Selected by LadyNintendo)
  • Ocarina of Time - 12 Votes (Selected by Violinist, Bluetunic, Goronwarrior, Peka, o0Zelda0o, MagmarFire, DarkZelda, blue_darkling, Tia Alliece, Vaati, dark link, link-ttp)
  • Majora's Mask - 9 Votes (Selected by Davy Jones, Commodore Stardust, JQ Pickwick, Fiskers, Hi no Seijin, Rorschach Mikaudes, Zelda Veteran, The Fierce Deity, Peka)
  • Oracle of Seasons - 0 Votes
  • Oracle of Ages - 0 Votes
  • Both Oracle games - 0 Votes
  • Four Swords - 0 Votes
  • Four Swords Adventures - 0 Votes
  • The Wind Waker - 5 Votes (Selected by Peka, $$!#Mark#!D@, Vaati, Fiskers, Whocares)
  • Minish Cap - 3 Votes (Selected by Peka, PokemonMaster, ZeldafreaK)
  • Twilight Princess - 7 Votes (Selected by Twilight Wolf, Iron Knuckle, Bboy, Vaati, Peka, MagmarFire, HackerHero92)
  • Phantom's Hourglass - 0 Votes

Also, please note that any game that have yet to be released will not be listed here until two weeks after they are released to the public, which will give players enough time to both buy it and play through it.

NEW - Your name will be listed next to the gme you have chosen. This way, whenever you change your vote, we know what you already voted for so we can take off a vote. Also, in case anyone wanted to know, they won't have to search through the entire topic.

Keaton

I vote Majora's Mask.

No, I'm not going to tell you why.

violinist

Commodore Axilon

I vote Majora's Mask as well.

Oh, by the way, your vote reminds me of why you have a certain meme dedicated to you, Whocares.

Twilight Wolf

Quote from: Whocares on September 19, 2007, 02:59:38 PMAs for me, I say Twilight Princess. The graphics were great. Hyrule was more explored. The characters were great. The dungeons, monsters, and items ruled. It was very original. It was fun. The Twilight Realm was awesome. All the bosses and mini-bosses were awesome. I won't go on anymore and state every little thing about the game I like.

I'm quoting this because it perfectly reflects my feelings on my favorite Zelda game.
What, you expect me to say something witty?

Gamefreak

I'm placing my vote for Link to the Past.

I'm a classical enthusiast.

Zoratunic

I'll have to say Ocarina of Time, just becuase it was so revolutionary to the series.

darkphantomime

Wait, I thought Whocares' favorite(s) were the Oracles.

DW

I'll have to go with Link to the Past. It was definitely the most epic, although it's usually ignored since it wasn't 3D. 8) I love that game, although the purple hair is questionable...anyways, I edited the votes for you Whocares.
­

Davros

For me it would have to be Link to the Past. Good game. Very good game. In fact, that's an understatement. It's a very, very good game. Generally I would say that this game is... Good.

Mysterious F.

Actually, JQ, I've begun to renew my interest in the 3D Zelda games. The Oracles were second, however, but TP put so much attention to detail and the minor things, along with everything major as well, and put in so many side quests and extras that the Oracles stould little chance. If TP never came out, however, the Oracles would definetly win.

darkphantomime

Side-Quests? Extras? What are these newfangled things of which you speak?? Collect-everything-and-get-a-prize is hardly a real side-quest, in the opinion of quite a few people who stand out in the Zelda community. TP was far from perfect... Try to think for a minute how it could have been made BETTER.

I'm not voting, I mean, why choose if it is obvious? [hint]Majora'sMask[/hint]

Bboy94

LadyNintendo

Link's Best-Story-Ever Awakening!

IronKnuckle

Quote from: Twilight Wolf on September 19, 2007, 06:51:43 PM
Quote from: Whocares on September 19, 2007, 02:59:38 PMAs for me, I say Twilight Princess. The graphics were great. Hyrule was more explored. The characters were great. The dungeons, monsters, and items ruled. It was very original. It was fun. The Twilight Realm was awesome. All the bosses and mini-bosses were awesome. I won't go on anymore and state every little thing about the game I like.

I'm quoting this because it perfectly reflects my feelings on my favorite Zelda game.
I'm quoting both these becuase I don't feel like listing my reasons when someone else already did.