News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

What the frick is this?

Started by Twilight Wolf, March 31, 2008, 11:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamakaziplumber

What's all this hubbub about? I don't see anything wrong with the banner or anything like that. I assure you, there has been no hacking. LoZ.com has had no files recently deleted or changed (besides those associated with today's update), according to the FTP report. There's no need to panic here, guys, everything is as it always was.
The Fourth! A webcomic about the hopeless case of the game villain.

"Tis music that soothes the savage beast, but the dagger that causes long slumbers."
- Me!

Darth Citrus

You know KP, I thought you would have mentioned something about the Zelda Movie Trailer that Exploding Deku Nut posted. You're usually on the ball with these things.  :D

Anyway, I might make a post about it back at the Colossus. Depends if I can find a higher quality version. :P

kamakaziplumber

Well you see Darth, I wanted to keep it all for myself. All for myself.

But yes all, you should go watch that trailer. EDN has it linked to apparently, check it there. It's good things.

"Tis music that soothes the savage beast, but the dagger that causes long slumbers."
- Me!

Twilight Wolf

Quote from: kamakaziplumber on April 01, 2008, 04:58:20 PM
What's all this hubbub about? I don't see anything wrong with the banner or anything like that.

Please see the first post in this topic. That will show you what is wrong.

Quote from: kamakaziplumber on April 01, 2008, 04:58:20 PMI assure you, there has been no hacking.

Did you do it, then? If not, how do you explain the suspicious and highly unusual changes to this website?

Quote from: kamakaziplumber on April 01, 2008, 04:58:20 PMLoZ.com has had no files recently deleted or changed (besides those associated with today's update), according to the FTP report.

LoZ.com isn't the site we're concerned about. It's us. LoZ.com doesn't show signs of being hacked; we do.

Quote from: kamakaziplumber on April 01, 2008, 04:58:20 PMThere's no need to panic here, guys, everything is as it always was.

Everyone who's posted in this topic appears to believe otherwise.

EDIT: Even stranger activities are happening here! See the two posts above this one? They're clearly posted here, on The Desert Colossus, but they're quite clearly not at the same time! And look at the link that "Darth Citrus" posted, supposedly leading to us. It leads instead to explodingdekunut.com, which has a quite fake-looking Desert Colossus main page imitation. Click on "The Forums," and it leads to "The Forbidden Woods." It looks like we're not the only ones to be hacked.

I'm scared for this website now.
What, you expect me to say something witty?

kamakaziplumber

But we are LoZ.com. So there's nothing to worry about!  ;D

- Me!

Commodore Axilon

Duh, look at the banner, dum-dum.

Kids these days.

Twilight Wolf

Quote from: kamakaziplumber on April 01, 2008, 05:39:54 PM
But we are LoZ.com. So there's nothing to worry about!  ;D

Are you joking? I'd say this is quite clearly something to worry about.

Keaton

Quote from: Shou Amabane on April 01, 2008, 05:42:52 PM

Are you joking? I'd say this is quite clearly something to worry about.

How strange.  How'd I get to the Desert Colossus?  D:

Twilight Wolf

It would appear you either entered the URL into your web browser, clicked on a link, or selected it from your bookmarks.

I noticed something about LoZ.com I must have missed last night. The title of the webpage is "Exploding Deku Nut: Cause Humor Aint Just For Crazy People." Does that make sense? At all? Add this to the fact that when you go to explodingdekunut.com, you get a Chinese sweat shop-grade knock-off of our main page, and what do you get? Evidence of a mass-hacking of Zelda websites.

Darth Citrus

Sir, I will not stand for this! I have worked on The Desert Colossus for years, and to have it called a Chinese sweat shop-grade knock off is insulting.

There is nothing wrong with this site LoZ.com, or EDN or TDC.

And it's explodingdekunut.net btw. Not .com

Hi no Seijin

You have insulted my next favorite Zelda webmaster, TW.  I challenge you to a dual!

I present to you your choice of weapons:  a gun with no bullets or a bullet with no gun.  Choose one wisely.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

JDog

Im still confused on things, stupid school keeps me away from here so yea, I really have no idea what is going on!

Keaton

WHY DOESNT ANYONE LISTEN TO ME ANYMOAR

DW

I expect the battle to be all

vs.

With maybe a little

What about you guys?
­

Keaton

Quote from: Shika on April 01, 2008, 05:58:18 PM

What about you guys?

DANG IT, the crotch pistol beats me every time.