News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

What happened to Termina?

Started by HylianHero92, July 05, 2008, 12:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HylianHero92

Or my first Theory could be right.

Either way, it doesn't matter!

The people who developed this game probably didn't even think about this. They probably just said "Lets put a trippy cutscene with trippy symbols in a giant pit Link falls down and a pool of water in another dimension so we can watch Zelda fans bite each other's heads off on a forum 8 years from now over absolutely nothing!"

;)... Maybe we should talk about Termina being the world in PH.  

Keaton

It does matter.  The game developers did think of this.  They're getting paid, what, half of what they should?  They're only doing this because (nowadays) they're complete Zelda FREAKS (read, asians) and they want to make their dreams a reality.

Which is why some facts are regarded as canon, not just possible or even plausible.

You've lost my respect in you as a theorist if you don't feel that the game designers put as much effort into making the code as we do into breaking it.

Master Dragmire

Yes, I agree.
There's no sense to theorize, if your not willing to accept a broken theory.

The truth is, we don't know what Termina is.
One thing we know is, is that it IS NOT Hyrule, or connected to Hyrule (physically) in anyway.

While I don't agree that the entire adventure was an introspective time trip, one thing I do agree on is that, the water on Hyrule, does NOT flow into Termina.
Besides, we don't even know how far Link went into the Lost Woods, before he found it.

Keaton

Quote from: Dragmire on July 07, 2008, 12:58:51 AMBesides, we don't even know how far Link went into the Lost Woods, before he found it.

And even that's assuming that he was, in fact, going through the Lost Woods.

Master Dragmire

Uhh..

Yes, it could have been the Kokiri Forest, but..
It's unlikely he was even in Hyrule.

MagmarFire

It would be a wise assumption that it was the Lost Woods, or just woods connected to them. After all, where in Hyrule is there a place other than the Lost Woods (and Goron City, for that matter) connected to woods? I don't think there is one, unless you go over the mountains or something.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Keaton

Do you have the booklet for the N64 version?  I remember reading something about him 'going beyond Hyrule' or summat in search of his future/destiny/self.  Of course, I could be thinking of Link's Awakening, to be honest.

But seriously.  You can't assume it's the Lost Woods.

MagmarFire

Quote from: EVE on July 07, 2008, 02:46:24 PM
But seriously.  You can't assume it's the Lost Woods.

May I ask why?

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Keaton

Because you know what they say about those who assume.

It makes something out of u and me

HylianHero92

Ok, first off I'm really sorry about the whole "they didn't think about it" stuff. I've kind of changed my mind about that after reading Eve's post. Sorry...  :( Anyways I just thought about something. Hyrule is a kingdom. Not a country. Not a continent.  Not a planet. A kingdom. Maybe Link thought it was another dimension when it was really just another place on the same planet. But then again many things disprove that, including the imagery as Link falls through the hole to Termina, indicating he is warping to another dimesion (or inner-trip to self).

...Sorry again, I didn't mean it.

Master Dragmire

Its a very cool idea to think that Termina is on the opposite side of a the planet (if it was a planet).

But Hyrule, is a realm, not a planet.

Its like a dimension. You could say the Sacred Realm is another dimension, as well as Termina, and the Twilight Realm.

Keaton

Maybe Termina was once the Sacred Realm?

Master Dragmire

Interesting, but... wheres the Triforce then?

I think Termina is the same realm, but just a twisted mirror image.

Keaton

Well, ya see, it was once the Sacred Realm, and the Triforce just hung in the air.  But the Terminans got power-hungry and built a large tower (the Stone Tower, in fact) to reach it.  And then the Goddesses took away the Triforce and forced Termina to live forever as Hyrule's shadow.

Master Dragmire

Doesn't this interfere with your theory that this was all Link's subconscious?

Very interesting. It makes sense seeing as how Ganon was never sealed away in the Child OoT, but what about the later installments in the Child Timeline? Are Ganon's minions actually Terminians?
Why didn't Link transform into a bunny, or something?