News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Official SandCast Podcast Topic

Started by kamakaziplumber, July 31, 2008, 11:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamakaziplumber

In the interest of getting SandCast up and running sooner, rather than later, here it is: the Official topic!

All SandCast crew members should converge here to discuss ideas for the Cast, preferably solid material for the first show. Behind-the-scenes people, this is where you come to shine, but everyone involved should do their part as well.

Meanwhile, anyone who wants to join the SandCast crew as either a behind-the-scenes person or a voice should "apply" here. If you have a mic and you are at least remotely interested, I suggest you join up. If you don't have a mic but want to participate, you can obviously be a behind-the-scenes person or, if you choose, a voice, if you're willing to acquire a mic for the job.

I'll get things started! I have some possible guests for the earlier shows, here's a short list:

• Phantompig, former site staff semi-TDC-celebrity
  • Weienw, veteran TDC and HA2 member

I did say short, after all. 8) I only have Phantompig as a confirmed guest, possibly a SandCast voice, but definitely a guest. He actually suggested Weien. I can't really think of many more people, ideas?

Also, we should start working on the layout of our first show. Namely, what will we talk about? List some sections, maybe some short descriptions of them. If we're going to do a short walkthrough of a tough spot in a Zelda game, which spot? If we're going to review a game, which game? Not necessarily too detailed, but, at least an outline, no?
The Fourth! A webcomic about the hopeless case of the game villain.

"Tis music that soothes the savage beast, but the dagger that causes long slumbers."
- Me!

Fishalicious

The water temple-we could get a video of someone (coughtaccough) playing through it and have a few discussing what you're doing.

"you play zelda's lullaby here, etc." and I'm sure we could come up with some witty comments, like "Hey, if it's Zelda's lullaby, does she fall asleep when she hears it?"

Keaton

wat

Why do I have to do it

*sigh*

okay...

Anyhow, Tacheon reporting for duty.

Fishalicious

because you're cool

and i don't have a copy of the game. o_o

Keaton

Well I'm just going to FRAPS it on my computer anyhow... it's the only way to get decent video quality.

Ugh, it's gonna be SOOOOO slow.

kamakaziplumber

Heh, would we need a recorded video of it? A podcast is audio after all... couldn't he just play it live, on air, and commentate on what he's doing while we make jokes?

"Tis music that soothes the savage beast, but the dagger that causes long slumbers."
- Me!

Keaton

How would we know what I'm doing unless we're all at my place?

Fishalicious

PARTY AT TAC'S!

anyway, I thought podcasts had visual as well... I don't know how I got that idea, but I don't know. -shrugs- We could always just have Zelda related conversations.

kamakaziplumber

Some are. But, I don't think we have the technology to do it >.> Well, Tac, I suppose you could prerecord it, then send us a link to the video (on YouTube?) and we could all be watching it during the show. I... know that sounds complicated, but, it's what we'd have to do for us all to see it.

- Me!

Takun

~Sincerely,
               Management

kamakaziplumber

Party it is, then! ;D

Also, there's been a change in plans regarding our recording technique. Mixing expert and SandCast crew member Tayro says that it would be better if we each recorded ourselves individually. So, this is what we're going to do.

We're still going to do the show on Skype as a conference call, live, like we said we would. But each of you will download Audacity as well. Using Audacity, we'll each record ourselves individually (and, therefore, with higher quality). Tayro will then take each file and mix it in his own copy of Audacity. He will make it pretty. Everyone cool with that?

- Me!

Keaton

Whoa, I already have Audacity, how neat.

Wait, so we're going to record the conversations with Skype AND with Audacity, and then we're just going to have Tayro piece it together?  Tight.

kamakaziplumber

We won't be recording with Skype, really. Well... I might record it just for safety, but the primary recording will be done by Audacity. Skype is just so that we can all hear each other and do it live, etc. In fact, we don't even have to use Skype now, but, we might as well... it's probably the best.

So, anyways, how are we going to do the walkthrough section, really? Would you be cool with the Youtube idea? You'd commentate over Skype anyways for the Podcast's sake, anyways, but seeing the video would make it easier to respond to. For us, anyways.

Also, the MZT3K section would be between 10-15 min long, according to Tayro. He'll be writing it, eh? Is everyone alright with it being one long story, told in episodes? It would be pretty epic...

- Me!

Keaton

Zelda Veteran

Excuse me everyone, I'd like to announce that there is NO possible way I can help with behind the scenes work. I have far too much on my plate as it is, and while I won't make my position official, I'll still let the "Behind the Scenes" people know if I have any ideas for the Podcast. A position is open for behind the scenes work, and I thank you all for understanding.

My real Poison team in BW2. They all have perfect natures and EV's. I went the extra distance and bred the right IV's into them. Come at me bro.