News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Escape This Topic With Slenderman

Started by Darth Wyndisis, September 21, 2008, 05:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think it will take to kill this topic?

Nukes
7 (13.5%)
Chuck Norris
12 (23.1%)
Orange Glow
4 (7.7%)
AIDS
7 (13.5%)
The Master Sword
7 (13.5%)
Dr. House
7 (13.5%)
Someone with a power level >9000
13 (25%)
A really, really boring person.
3 (5.8%)
Tara Gilesbie
1 (1.9%)
WTF???
3 (5.8%)
This thread will never die.
8 (15.4%)
darth windisiisis is a col guy and eh doesnt afraid of anything
10 (19.2%)
Tacheon
7 (13.5%)
An unnecessary poll
5 (9.6%)
Yo Gabba Gabba!
6 (11.5%)
Sham-Wow!
11 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Darth Wyndisis

Here's the trailer.

I'll say it looks incredibly lame and stupid, but I wouldn't call it offensive.  It seems like in today's world you aren't cool if you aren't offended by crap that's as ridiculous as this.

MagmarFire

I wouldn't call it offensive, either, but...really, now, they expect people to suspend belief on characters who, for some reason, can't tell that these guys are cross-dressing?

...I just don't know, man...

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Keaton

I couldn't watch more than 20 seconds of that.

Hi no Seijin

The Dark Knight Rises is almost here!  Summer 2012.  I must watch it before the world kills everyone.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

MagmarFire

So the moon's not going to do that? Skull Kid, that's false advertising! Come back here!

Hi no Seijin

Well, the world could use the moon to kill us by way of Skull Kid.  I don't know the specifics.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

MagmarFire

If the world's sentient, I suppose so. Everyone knows it's sentient.

Mysterious F.

People are probably just going to be offended simply by the fact that it is about crossdressers, not because of any actual quality. Which is really silly, anyway. Take the two movies that topped AFI's list of the best American comedies, Some Like It Hot and Tootsie. Both about men who, for whatever reason the plot sees fit, makes them dress as women. Both great, hilarious comedies, too.

That being said, Work It looks awful anyway. So, so unfunny.

MagmarFire

There's still the expectation of willing suspension of disbelief that's the elephant in the room for me.

But I'm going to play devil's advocate for just a second and propose that their advertising's just bad. After all, look at Nickelodeon; it makes just about all of its new shows, which it's only planning on screwing over anyway, that aren't SpongeBob or Avatar look like gross belchfests (I don't know if they do this anymore, so maybe I'm still just sour over the whole deal). Of course, the making-it-look-bad thing was probably their modus operandi from the get-go...

Mod edit:  Fixed your BBCode

Hi no Seijin

I'm going to go ahead and get it over with.  Look at me, I'm making a post that isn't from a computer!

Yeah, I need to get some sleep. :-/
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

MagmarFire

Gosh darn it, I wish I could change the site's CSS. These text boxes should have a width of 100% so they don't overflow into a hidden area.

Darth Wyndisis

I have that problem when I use Firefox, but not when I use Chrome.

Hi no Seijin

So, which one is better overall, Firefox or Chrome?
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

Darth Wyndisis

If you'd asked me a few days ago, I would have said they were even.  There's been problems with both of them... well, one glaring problem with each one.  With Firefox, it is the thing with the text boxes.  With Chrome, it hadn't been letting me use the volume control on my keyboard to adjust the volume when I was watching YouTube videos.  When I watched a YT video using Chrome yesterday, which I hadn't done in several months, the issue with the volume control was gone.  So as of right now I would say Chrome is better, at least for what I am using it for.

MagmarFire

Oddly enough, I don't remember having this kind of textbox problem before. Really, though, it's only a simple CSS declaration that's needed to fix it.

...KP, help me out here. D: