News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Clan Central

Started by darkphantomime, November 18, 2008, 07:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cacturnerules

What's the difference between open-ended and opinionated? ;)

HylianHero92

Quote from: Shika on November 18, 2008, 10:09:51 PM
Or we'll ask opinionated questions that you can't find in an e-textbook.
So that means no Zelda questions?

8) ??? :( :( :( :( :( :(

Zelda Veteran

Quote from: HylianHero92 on November 20, 2008, 12:52:27 PM
Quote from: Shika on November 18, 2008, 10:09:51 PM
Or we'll ask opinionated questions that you can't find in an e-textbook.
So that means no Zelda questions?

8) ??? :( :( :( :( :( :(
I hardly see how you made that connection.
All it means is that we'll ask questions, and not provide a multiple choice. They will be zelda related, but they won't be obvious so that people can't look them up on the web.

My real Poison team in BW2. They all have perfect natures and EV's. I went the extra distance and bred the right IV's into them. Come at me bro.

Mysterious F.

By obvious do you mean "Who is Ganon?" or "What is the item that King Zora gives you in Ocarina of Time during the Adult Trading Sequence?" or, even worse, "How many pictures of dragons do you see in the Dragon Roost Dungeon in The Wind Waker?"

Zelda Veteran

No, no, no, more like a battle scene.
They tell you what they would do in a certain situation.
We analyze if they use a defensive strategy, an offensive strategy, or if they use magic. Kinda get what I mean?

My real Poison team in BW2. They all have perfect natures and EV's. I went the extra distance and bred the right IV's into them. Come at me bro.

Mysterious F.

That's actually a good idea. That way just plain old Zelda knowledge won't get you in, you actually have to fit in with he crowd.

Well, this means I won't fit into Defense at all.

So anyway, magic would be, like items, right? Like Boomeangs and magic seeds?

cacturnerules

Well then, what game would the battle be from? like... simple like LTtP, or more complicated like twilight princess?

and, can't you just like lie about what they would do in a battle to get in a specific clan?

and so, to my understanding, you are asked what you would do in a specific battle situation, then put into a clan, based upon your answer? If that's right, then you really don't need to contact a clan mod, do you?

Keaton

I suppose you'll all find out once you PM someone for the questions, now won't you?  The whole point of them is that they are open to interpretation, after all.

Zelda Veteran

Look.
It would be something simple like:

QuoteYou're wandering the depths of the Lost Woods. As you make your way through the thicket, a bush shifts up ahead. Suddenly, a Mad-Scrub appears. It fires a deku-nut at you. What would you do?

Now obviously, we're not going to use that one, because most people would say "lololol rly? yooz a sheeld, evry Zleda fan noes thst!1"

We're going to have to make it a bit deeper than that...
hmm...

DW

Quote from: Zelda Vet on November 20, 2008, 06:24:29 PM
No, no, no, more like a battle scene.
They tell you what they would do in a certain situation.
We analyze if they use a defensive strategy, an offensive strategy, or if they use magic. Kinda get what I mean?

That'd be too obvious though, too easy to fix which clan you get into.
­

cacturnerules

Hold on a minute. What happens if like, nobody joins one of the clans, or like, one has twice as many members as the others?

DW

Then the clans are unbalanced. Geeze, kid.
­

Keaton

If one clan has too many members, then we will stop allowing people to join that clan.  duh.

cacturnerules

well, see now? Shika just said so what and Davy Jones said we'll put a stop to it.

Quote from: Davy Jones on November 21, 2008, 09:05:19 AM
we will stop allowing people to join that can.

Alright then. If a clan gets too many people, the can is off limits. Got it.

darkphantomime

I am in doubt as to whether you'll be able to pass any of the tests, FR. As I"ve heard, you've not even played any zelda at all!