News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Spirit tracks release and Info.

Started by The Glamour Nazi, March 28, 2009, 03:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Glamour Nazi

Okay according to my sources, Aka Gamestop, the game is being released in December for DS-i only, Now knowing Nintendo and the Zelda team you can expect at least 2, 3 month delays so that puts it around this time next year.

This is just going up for your info.

TP Zelda

Quote from: Chuckinator on March 28, 2009, 03:11:26 PM
Okay according to my sources, Aka Gamestop, the game is being released in December for DS-i only, Now knowing Nintendo and the Zelda team you can expect at least 2, 3 month delays so that puts it around this time next year.

Lol I was gonna say Game Crazy sucks but you're talking about Gamestop....
But oh well ^w^
At least I'm getting a DSi.

The Glamour Nazi

If i don't spend a penny all year by the estimated time Aka after the delays, I should have enough...

Really need that job at GS though.

HylianHero92

Quote from:  Zelda UniverseWill Spirit Tracks be compatible with my DS? This has been a big issue for many after seeing the LoZ:ST trailer on a DSi. Many do not want to get a DSi right after getting a DS or cannot afford to get one but want to play the game.

Does it mean we all have to get a DSi in order to play this new game? As of now, no.

Nintendo has stated officially on their website that LoZ:ST will be compatible on all DS types (DS, DSLite, and DSi):

The new The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks game that Iwata announced will utilize the intuitive touch control of Phantom Hourglass in an all new adventure that will please longtime Zelda fans while keeping the game accessible to all DS owners.

You will be able to play Spirit Tracks but depending on what DS type you have, you will have to shop for your game format accordingly. According to JC Feltcher at joystiq.com

At Nintendo's GDC panel on the DSi's design, Project Leader Masato Kuwahara revealed a bit of news regarding DSi software. that will either terrify or thrill you based on the status of your DSi preorder. Two new types of DS cartridges are on the way: "DSi Cards," which will only work on the DSi, and "DSi Enhanced Cards," which work on all DS systems, but will have extra features when played on a DSi.

Soon we will see the transition of regular DS cards to DSi and DSi Enhanced cards just like when the DS cards came along with Game Boy Advanced cartridges. Loyal Nintendo fans, start saving your money for a DSi if you haven't done so already. In the meantime, keep that older DS around.

The Glamour Nazi

Okay sorry it's DS-i enhanced because you use the camera's for some parts of the game, Thank you EH92.

The Glamour Nazi

Read it, it's both DS-i only and DS-i enhanced, thus meaning the enhanced part is camera and could use other DS-i Features.

ZeldaFreak

Aw crap.. i cant afford a dsi...  :'( :'( :'(
But maybe it can be played on a regular ds but you cant use certain features in it...  ;)

The Glamour Nazi

Yeah you can, you'll have to buy the DS-i enhanced version, you can play it on the regular DS minus some features.

I'm still going to buy the DS-i and Spirit tracks. I want to experience it fully. But I'm not buying the DS-i until Spirit tracks releases, I'm too fond of my Zelda DS.

darkphantomime

This blows. So I guess the DSi is the 'next generation' of Nintendo Handheld?

So I guess this would mean more power from the DSi than the DS.

Either way, Nintendo is seriously screwing with our collective minds.

The Glamour Nazi

Yes nintendo is being a Jerk, they're trying to get ahead of everyone else and they're going to fail.

HylianHero92

Quote from: Chuckinator on March 29, 2009, 12:01:54 PM
Yes nintendo is being a Jerk, they're trying to get ahead of everyone else and they're going to fail.

You seem to be forgetting they already are.  ;)

But they do think they're invincible, which is they're major flaw.

DW

Their overconfidence is their weakness.
­

Vaati

Quote from: Chuckinator on March 28, 2009, 03:11:26 PM

I remember hearing about this a while ago. I saw the trailer, and to tell the truth. I'm not impressed at all! It's basically a rip-off of PH. Graphics and all. And it's for the DS-i, right? wtf?! What are you gonna need to do on that game that requires a camera?! I almost HOPE that the next game is released on Wii. Then, the controls will be much better and the graphics won't totally blow chunks.  8)

DW

Quotea rip-off of PH.

Y'know, when you're the guys who made the original, it's not ripping off. It's called a sequel. I mean, it's like complaining that MM looked like OoT.

And who knows what they'll come up for with the camera. They've surprised me before with their DS puzzles, I wouldn't put it past them to think of something clever to do with the DSi. Also, it isn't DSi only.
­

Uximadesk

Quote from: Shika on April 06, 2009, 05:05:19 PM
Also, it isn't DSi only.
Which is why I don't think it will take advanage of the DSi capabilities, although there was that shop in the oracle games...
~*Wizzrobe Clan*~
IMMA CHANGIN MAH SIGNATURE