News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Spirit tracks release and Info.

Started by The Glamour Nazi, March 28, 2009, 03:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaati

Quote from: Shika on April 06, 2009, 05:05:19 PM
Quotea rip-off of PH.

Y'know, when you're the guys who made the original, it's not ripping off. It's called a sequel. I mean, it's like complaining that MM looked like OoT.

And who knows what they'll come up for with the camera. They've surprised me before with their DS puzzles, I wouldn't put it past them to think of something clever to do with the DSi. Also, it isn't DSi only.

But it's not only that. I mean, couldn't they at least make it on a different system? Sure, the DS is "the new generation of gaming" or whatever, but the controls suck, and no, it's not easy to get used to. The secret behind sales and marketing is to make things easy for the customer, and well...Nintendo kind of crossed that off the list.

ZeldaFreak

Quote from: Vaati on April 07, 2009, 06:02:22 PM
Quotea rip-off of PH.

Y'know, when you're the guys who made the original, it's not ripping off. It's called a sequel. I mean, it's like complaining that MM looked like OoT.

And who knows what they'll come up for with the camera. They've surprised me before with their DS puzzles, I wouldn't put it past them to think of something clever to do with the DSi. Also, it isn't DSi only.

But it's not only that. I mean, couldn't they at least make it on a different system? Sure, the DS is "the new generation of gaming" or whatever, but the controls suck, and no, it's not easy to get used to. The secret behind sales and marketing is to make things easy for the customer, and well...Nintendo kind of crossed that off the list.
Maybe they will have an option for a different control format or whatever... we just have to wait... i hate waiting... :(

Quote from: Rorschach Mikaudes on April 06, 2009, 11:47:33 PM
Also, it isn't DSi only.
Which is why I don't think it will take advanage of the DSi capabilities, although there was that shop in the oracle games...
It will be "dsi enhanced" meaning it will take advantage of the dsi capabilities, but if you play it on a ds or a dslite than you wont be able to use all the games features. ;)

Hi no Seijin

NECROPOSTING BECAUSE I BRING NEWS!!!!

Game Trailers has an exclusive trailer, which can be seen here.

Some things I'd like to point out:

1.) A ghost-like Zelda takes control of the Phantom, perhaps making this Zelda's biggest involvement in Link's adventures to date.

2.) That neat little whip?  It appears to be a snake.  Indiana Link just took a level in Bad***.

3.) There's a guard wearing nearly the same outfit as Link.  Looks like finding a new country is greater than saving a country.

The only really new things (asides from the trailer) I could glean from Game Trailers TV was that the titular Spirit Tracks were already in the land and that the story begins with Link traveling on them on his way to graduate from being an apprentice engineer.  Steampunk Zelda; I don't think I can really complain about it.

The release date is set for December 7, 2009 in the U.S.; December 11, 2009 in Europe; and December 23, 2009 in Japan.

I know what I'm asking for this Christmas! [/singsong voice]
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

HylianHero92

Quote from: Winry Rockbell on November 05, 2009, 10:15:58 PM
NECROPOSTING BECAUSE I BRING NEWS!!!!

Game Trailers has an exclusive trailer, which can be seen here.

Some things I'd like to point out:

1.) A ghost-like Zelda takes control of the Phantom, perhaps making this Zelda's biggest involvement in Link's adventures to date.

2.) That neat little whip?  It appears to be a snake.  Indiana Link just took a level in Bad***.

3.) There's a guard wearing nearly the same outfit as Link.  Looks like finding a new country is greater than saving a country.

The only really new things (asides from the trailer) I could glean from Game Trailers TV was that the titular Spirit Tracks were already in the land and that the story begins with Link traveling on them on his way to graduate from being an apprentice engineer.  Steampunk Zelda; I don't think I can really complain about it.

The release date is set for December 7, 2009 in the U.S.; December 11, 2009 in Europe; and December 23, 2009 in Japan.

I know what I'm asking for this Christmas! [/singsong voice]

DANG IT! I WAS GONNA POST IT FURST!  ???

Well, looks like Zelda decided to pull an Alphonse, so I'm guessing the goal this time (at least one goal) is to get her body back. Or to put that odd tower back together. It might also be to defeat that (sort of) evil looking train.  8) Or all of the above.

But on the bright side, it looks as though Ganondorf has no involvement in this one. And it also looks as though a Gerudo plays a major role (a positive one). You know, it's that dude with the sword.  ::)  

EDIT: Never mind. Upon closer inspection, it seems it is one of Terta's  Pirate crew. Well, at least we have the fact it's a direct sequel to Wind Waker confirmed.  ;)

Hi no Seijin

Sequel, yes.  Direct sequel....It does take place several years later, so I'm not sure "direct sequel" is the correct phrase, but meh, it's close enough.

Yeah, didn't think that big guy was a Gerudo; thought he was a descendant of Tetra's crew.

And indeed, yay, no Ganondorf in this one.  He's great and all, but I would like to see some new villains, you know?

Oh, hey, just remembered, Bill Trinen said on Game Trailers TV that they were refining the controls in this game.  What do you think that'll entail?

Quote from: Colonel Roy Mustang on November 06, 2009, 11:42:21 AM
Well, looks like Zelda decided to pull an Alphonse, so I'm guessing the goal this time (at least one goal) is to get her body back.
Let the Zelda/FMA jokes commence!
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

xarlote

xarlote

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт