News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Questions on Veran

Started by bitterlad, June 03, 2009, 08:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitterlad

Does Veran need to be physically close to her victim to possess them, or can she possess then from miles away?

When Veran's victims come out of possession, do they recall being possessed or do they have no memory of it?

What exactly happens to Veran at the end of OoA after she is defeated?

Was there more to her motives than the resurrection of Ganondorf?

Thanks in advance.

Hi no Seijin

From what I remember of Ages, Veran has to be close to her victim to possess her/him.

I can't remember, but I think Queen Ambi was aware that it was Link who saved her from possession, so I think they are aware of what they're being forced to do.

She blew up in typical Zelda baddie fashion.

It was Ganon, and not the 'Dorf himself, that Veran was helping to resurrect.  As for if that was her sole motive, it's possible that she wanted to rule the land of Labrynna; I can't remember.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

bitterlad

Quote from: Hi no Seijin on June 03, 2009, 08:52:27 AM
From what I remember of Ages, Veran has to be close to her victim to possess her/him.

I can't remember, but I think Queen Ambi was aware that it was Link who saved her from possession, so I think they are aware of what they're being forced to do.

She blew up in typical Zelda baddie fashion.

It was Ganon, and not the 'Dorf himself, that Veran was helping to resurrect.  As for if that was her sole motive, it's possible that she wanted to rule the land of Labrynna; I can't remember.
Wow. I wasn't expecting someone to reply so soon. I posted the same questions on a different Zelda Forum, and people kind of just ignored me.
Anywho, thanks for the answers.
Though I'm still a bit confused on the possession thing. What happens when the possession is stopped? Does Veran "fly" out of her victim and hide somewhere? Or does she have to quickly possess someone else?

And even though she apparently blew up, Is it possible that Veran could still be alive after OoA either by resurrection or simply survival?

The Glamour Nazi

Veran can fly out of people to possess another. She can also linger a little in her possession form. She also has a normal form where she looks like a person.

And no she died entirely and utterly to summon Ganon. Twinrova planned it that way.

Hi no Seijin

Veran does have a solid form when she's not possessing anyone, so no, she doesn't have to possess someone to exist.  If you remember fighting her in Ages, when you hit Nayru or Ambi (depending on who she's possessing at the time), she rises out of the body in her shadow form and she hovers there for a short while.

I suppose it is possible that Veran did somehow survive; you would need to get creative with that particular issue.  It would certainly be interesting to see her rendered in the third-dimension.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

The Glamour Nazi

Well Veran's sole purpose, like Onox's, was to defeat link or die trying.

Sacrifices usually don't work if the person lives ;)

I guess there could be a way for her to survive or, for some strange reason, Twinrova revives her.

It'd also be cool to see Onox in 3D if you ask me. A huge Giant in armor. And then his dragon form.

But I'm pretty sure Veran is Toast.

Uximadesk

Quote from: Pokemon Professor Roy on June 04, 2009, 06:19:32 AM

I guess there could be a way for her to survive or, for some strange reason, Twinrova revives her.

It'd also be cool to see Onox in 3D if you ask me. A huge Giant in armor. And then his dragon form.

I believe you have already seen Onox in 3D. Ever fought an Iron Knuckle?
~*Wizzrobe Clan*~
IMMA CHANGIN MAH SIGNATURE

The Glamour Nazi

That's not Onox.

I mean his Real form.

Mysterious F.

There is no denying the Onox was influenced by the Iron Knuckles, you know.

Anyone else notice that Veran only possesses women? Every time she tries to possess a man, it fails. Sexist, mabye?

DW

Well, compare the status and strength of the women to the men that she tries to posess.
­

The Glamour Nazi

Yeah, the women are both high ranking and have a lot of power.

Compared to say... Ralph? And the triforce protects Link so she can't get him.

Hi no Seijin

Quote from: Whocares on June 04, 2009, 02:19:03 PM
Anyone else notice that Veran only possesses women? Every time she tries to possess a man, it fails. Sexist, mabye?
I don't remember Veran trying to possess a man.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

bitterlad

Quote from: Hi no Seijin on June 04, 2009, 06:15:30 AM
Veran does have a solid form when she's not possessing anyone, so no, she doesn't have to possess someone to exist.  If you remember fighting her in Ages, when you hit Nayru or Ambi (depending on who she's possessing at the time), she rises out of the body in her shadow form and she hovers there for a short while.

I suppose it is possible that Veran did somehow survive; you would need to get creative with that particular issue.  It would certainly be interesting to see her rendered in the third-dimension.
Thanks for the info. And I've never played OoA, so I don't know what it would be like to face Veran.
You mentioned a shadow form. Would it be too much to consider that in her "Shadow Form" she could possess other peoples shadows? (Like Midna from TP.)

I personally don't think that it would be too much to consider Veran being alive. I mean, Ganondorf defies death in almost every game he's in. If he can, then why not Veran?

Also, I've read somewhere that when Veran possesses someone, the victims skin turns a strange teal color. Is this true? And if it is, then why does no one notice this?
Quote from: Pokemon Professor Roy on June 04, 2009, 06:19:32 AM

But I'm pretty sure Veran is Toast.
I read on http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Veran that Veran's purpose was to fill the land of Labrynna with sorrow. According to the page, she accomplishes this, even though she is defeated by Link.

And even if her "sole purpose" was to "defeat Link or die trying," (which I don't think it was) then I'd say that that task was accomplished. Because according to what I've read on this forum, she actually did die (or blow up) trying to kill Link (which is what you've suggested her purpose was.)

I don't know much about Onox, but from what I've read, the only thing that Veran and Onox have in common is that they were both used by Twinrova.

The Glamour Nazi

The main purpose they were there was to cause trouble becuase twinrova was sure Link would kill them. If he failed, good for team evil, but they were really there to be sacrifices to revive Ganon.

And why would you revive a sacrifice instead of the one you sacrificed the person for?

bitterlad

Quote from: Pokemon Professor Roy on June 08, 2009, 02:25:29 PM
The main purpose they were there was to cause trouble becuase twinrova was sure Link would kill them. If he failed, good for team evil, but they were really there to be sacrifices to revive Ganon.

And why would you revive a sacrifice instead of the one you sacrificed the person for?

What? I can't tell what you're trying to say in the last sentence.