News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Questions on Veran

Started by bitterlad, June 03, 2009, 08:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi no Seijin

Okay, first off, bitterlad, don't double post.  If you have more to add and no one else has posted yet, use the modify button on the upper right corner of your post.  As I'm not a mod, this is a friendly warning from an older member.

As another friendly warning, one word posts aren't allowed either.  I doubt including a quote from a previous post will excuse a one-worder.

Now then, to answer your questions.
Quote from: bitterlad on June 08, 2009, 12:18:39 PM
You mentioned a shadow form. Would it be too much to consider that in her "Shadow Form" she could possess other peoples shadows? (Like Midna from TP.)
From what I've seen of the games, I doubt it.  Perhaps "shadow form" was the wrong choice of words; "ghostly" or "ethereal" would have been better.

Also, I wouldn't say that Midna possessed Link's shadow; it was more like she assumed a shadow form and was just hiding in Link's shadow.

Quote from: bitterlad on June 08, 2009, 12:18:39 PMAlso, I've read somewhere that when Veran possesses someone, the victims skin turns a strange teal color. Is this true? And if it is, then why does no one notice this?
It is true that Veran's victims take on a darker skin color; teal, I suppose.  It difinitely is some kind of blue.  As for why people don't notice this, it could be part of Veran's magic.  Or it could be that the teal (or blue) color is used to show the gamer that the person is possessed, but the victim doesn't actually change color.  After all, if you're possessing someone, you don't want to give off a blatant sign that something is wrong with the person you're possessing.

Quote from: Pokemon Professor Roy on June 08, 2009, 02:25:29 PM
And why would you revive a sacrifice instead of the one you sacrificed the person for?
I do doubt that Twinrova would resurrect Veran or Onox, but it's possible that someone else could resurrect them.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

Mysterious F.

Wait wait wait, hold up. Have you actually played Oracle of Ages? If you haven't, then we're spoiling it for you, you know.

DW

I believe that's what he wants, Whocares.
­

Hi no Seijin

So, hey, I've been replaying the Oracle games.  A couple of things about Veran and Onox's role in the story.  Twinrova's speech suggests that they would rather have had Onox and Veran survive their encounter with Link, but as they died after their flames were lit, they were willing to proceed with the plan without them.  And they talked about the sacrifice to revive Ganon in the singular; you know, as in one sacrifice.  So, again, it appears that it wasn't Twinrova's intention to have Veran and Onox killed in their service, but, again, as their flames were lit before their death, Twinrova wasn't that concerned about their death.  Only Zelda was meant to be sacrificed, but when Link killed Twinrova, she used herself as the sacrifice, giving rise to a mindless, destructive Ganon.

So with that piece of evidence....
Quote from: Hi no Seijin on June 09, 2009, 05:34:16 AM
Quote from: Pokemon Professor Roy on June 08, 2009, 02:25:29 PM
And why would you revive a sacrifice instead of the one you sacrificed the person for?
I do doubt that Twinrova would resurrect Veran or Onox, but it's possible that someone else could resurrect them.
It becomes possible that Twinrova might have resurrected Veran and Onox if their plan had succeeded, but it might not be high on their priority list, unless Ganon needed powerful and loyal lieutenants and he wanted to reward Veran and Onox for their role in resurrecting him.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

The Glamour Nazi

Very interesting.

Still the could have been planning for both, using Onox and Veran as a sort of Back up plan.

xarlote

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting