News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Majora's Mask was made by the Twili.

Started by Keaton, January 22, 2010, 01:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keaton

(or at least the ancestors of the Twili)

I'm sure it's been addressed a lot, but it deserves it's own thread.  Just think about it.  Majora's Mask was canonically created by a race that was obsessed with black magic and rituals.  The wearer of the mask, in this case the Skull Kid, acts much the way Zant did-- crazy, sporadic movement, uncontrollable spurts of rage and a general desire to destroy.

Another key determining factor is that the Fused Shadows and the Mask are made with the same style, to the point of being nearly identical.

Both contained incredible amounts of power that transformed the wielder into something monstrous.  In the case of the Fused Shadows, this was a literal transfiguration, whereas with the Mask it was a psychological change (further supporting my other theory that Majora's Mask is all one big metaphor for Link's psyche and the inner turmoil of a child facing the deeds he has done).

Another thing to point out, and this is much more subtle.  The Twili are obsessed with masks.  Every Twili that Link has met, including Zant, wore a mask at one point in time.  Be it the dragonish, Gyorg-esque Zant mask, the Fused Shadows for Midna or the disc masks of everyone else, it's a culture that views those masks as almost a part of themselves.

Also, when Midna and Link first get his shield, she puts it over her face when trying to figure out how it works, and implies that she thinks it's some sort of powerful weapon.

MagmarFire

I think I remember seeing this theory on the Majora's Mask WMG page on TV Tropes.

Could it be that Majora's Mask and the Fused Shadow are parallel versions of one another? It's a bit of a stretch, but it could work.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Keaton

I can neither confirm nor deny whether Jisu is another screenname of mine.

It's possible, definitely, more likely than the Twili or their ancestors transcending the split timeline to make both.

(I did also use the other Troper's input on it, but a theory unmodified is a theory disproven)

[lol jk of course it was someone else's theory; I just added to it on my own]

TP Zelda

I think it's a very good theory.

The shield also has a face-type design on it, although I think it's a goat.

xarlote

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт