News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Which OOT temple is the most fun?

Started by derkcloud, March 14, 2010, 02:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which OOT level is the most fun?

Great Deku Tree
Dodongo's Cavern
Jabu Jabu
Forest Temple
Fire Temple
Water Temple
Shadow Temple
Spirit Temple
Ganon's Castle
Anything but the Water temple
The Bottom of the Well

Hi no Seijin

Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

Pale Dim

Spirit temple for me. The whole thing was fun, from the beginning as an adult to the ending with Twinrova! And all that bombing and booming in the Fire temple really made it worth while. It's also the music that adds to the moment.

3308-7723-6389

The Glamour Nazi

Vaati

I said Ganon's Tower because it sampled all the temples Link went through as an adult.

Deku Tree - had some cool music but was too easy
Dodongo's Cavern - not very creative background music but the level itself was alright
Jabu Jabu - gross but not in a bad way. I just hated all those bloody jellyfish electrocuting me
~~~
Forest Temple - awesome music and catching the Poes was fun. I would have voted this as the 2nd most fun temple.
Fire Temple - good music but too much fire and always being afraid of being burned
Water Temple - I think we all know why everyone thought it was too confusing. The music was nice, though. It sounded Egyptian.
Shadow Temple - A little too creepy (same thing with the Bottom of the Well) and knowing when to use the Eye of Truth got a little confusing
Spirit Temple - love the music and I like how Link comes as child and adult but I really hated the Darknuts.

Keaton

Quote from: Vaati on May 11, 2011, 08:20:52 PMSpirit Temple - love the music and I like how Link comes as child and adult but I really hated the Darknuts.

Quote from: Vaati on May 11, 2011, 08:20:52 PMbut I really hated the Darknuts.

Quote from: Vaati on May 11, 2011, 08:20:52 PMthe Darknuts

Quote from: Vaati on May 11, 2011, 08:20:52 PMDarknuts

*ahem*

Deku

Hi no Seijin

In the early games, not much.  Ocarina of Time onwards, Iron Knuckles wield axes while Darknuts wield swords and shields.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

Deku

Quote from: Hi no Seijin on May 16, 2011, 10:07:56 PM
In the early games, not much.  Ocarina of Time onwards, Iron Knuckles wield axes while Darknuts wield swords and shields.
It also seems that Iron Knuckles are more of Miniboss, while Darknuts sort of just attack with regular enemies, or in groups.

Keaton

Quote from: Portal Veteran on May 17, 2011, 11:13:14 AM
Quote from: Hi no Seijin on May 16, 2011, 10:07:56 PM
It also seems that Iron Knuckles are more of Miniboss, while Darknuts sort of just attack with regular enemies, or in groups.

That is also correct.

MagmarFire

Of course, that's not to say that Darknuts weren't minibosses themselves once before. Cases in point, The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

The Glamour Nazi

They were closer to "Mooks in mini-bosses' clothing" in those games, since after you fought them, they became regular enemies.

Vaati

MagmarFire

Quote from: Inigo Montoya on May 20, 2011, 10:19:20 AM
They were closer to "Mooks in mini-bosses' clothing" in those games, since after you fought them, they became regular enemies.

That would actually be a degraded boss.

Nevermind that this is a late reply.

cousintony

Fire Temple, i love the boss fight. And pretty much anything but the water temple.  :-X

MagmarFire

That's a pretty standard opinion if you're a Zelda fan. :P

But the Water Temple in the Master Quest version isn't as annoying, so no worries there.