News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Call me crazy, but...

Started by MagmarFire, April 11, 2010, 05:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagmarFire

Am I the only one who completely breaks down in heaving sobs after watching the very end of the Ocarina of Time credits? I watched them again today, and I just didn't want to stop myself from letting the tears flow.

That was my childhood. So many great memories are connected in some way to that game, and reflecting back on an era long gone makes me long for the intimidated feeling I got when I first faced the horrid Gohma, or jittery nerves I got when fighting Barinade, or the absolute terror I felt when facing ReDeads, or the relief of overcoming the fear of death when taking my first step into Hyrule Field.

I know many of you think the game's overrated, but how could I ever underrate the very embodiment of my life?

...Forgive me. Carry on.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

The Glamour Nazi

Quote from: MagmarFire on April 11, 2010, 05:36:57 PM
Am I the only one who completely breaks down in heaving sobs after watching the very end of the Ocarina of Time credits? I watched them again today, and I just didn't want to stop myself from letting the tears flow.

That was my childhood. So many great memories are connected in some way to that game, and reflecting back on an era long gone makes me long for the intimidated feeling I got when I first faced the horrid Gohma, or jittery nerves I got when fighting Barinade, or the absolute terror I felt when facing ReDeads, or the relief of overcoming the fear of death when taking my first step into Hyrule Field.

I know many of you think the game's overrated, but how could I ever underrate the very embodiment of my life?

...Forgive me. Carry on.

I love the game. While it doesn't measure up to ALttP (which still can make me cry) I love OoT. It's my childhood too, and I'm sure almost everyone feels something.

Keaton

OoT's ending always makes me smile with reminiscence, but I really break down and cry during Majora's Mask (ooh, bet you didn't see that one coming, eh?)

There are a few things in particular that make me break down:

• Anju's words when she's waiting for Kafei on the night of the third day
  • The Butler crying in front of his son(?)'s husk at the end of the game
  • The third giant asking you to help their friend
  • The Goron elder.
  • The thought of Tingle in a bikini two sizes too small.

Pea-Tear Griffin

That last one made me gag a little XD

But I love OoT and I think that all my friends would agree that we wouldn't be who we are without it
Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

TP Zelda

I've never really cried during a game... o...O

But, considering I haven't beated Ocarina of Time in quite a while, I'd have to say MM touches me teh most. =b

There are so many like...dark/sad/touching stories in it. o...o

Mysterious F.

Deku

Majora's Mask for sure. The saving system had me puzzled as a child, and so did the time traveling. I didn't completely get to finish the game until many years later, but it still remains one of my favorite games of all time. I think if Link to the Past had been done in 3D, it would far surpass both Ocarina and Majora's Mask. Just my humble opinion though.

Imagine fighting Blind in stunning graphics... *squees*

xarlote

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо