News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Post here!

Started by Darth Wyndisis, May 07, 2010, 06:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysterious F.

Hey now, hey now - you aren't in jail. No video games is nothing compared to that.

Hi no Seijin

ZV, aren't you 18 or older?  Because if you are, it's nice that your dad is concerned about you, and that he wants to help you, but he doesn't have the right to ask that of you, not unless you playing video games is what made you fail to pay the fine.  He can ask you to pay him back, but that's about it.  Your hobbies are not his business unless they are negatively affecting other areas of your life.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

Darth Wyndisis

Video games can be a pretty significant drain on your finances, so I can see why he'd want you to give them up.  But then again that is $600 you never should have had to pay in the first place, that's just the po-po being greedy.  How much did they want you to pay for the original fine?

Zelda Veteran

So my dad paid the fine, because my mom made him. My mom didn't want me to go to jail under any circumstance. Now I just owe my dad back. He absolutely DOES have the right to ask me to give one of them up, because I'm still living under his roof. When I have my own place, I'll get back into Magic the Gathering.

So now I owe him all that money, and he's a lot lest strict about due dates than the law. The ticket was originally $20. I'm okay now, I suppose. It's just gonna suck, because I really wanted to go to comic con this year... Now I have to save up for my costume all over again.

I had $80 in the costume fund, $40 in the Pokemon Y fund, $70 in the Wii-U fund, and $30 in the smash bros fund. $200 in the bank (waiting to be taken for bills), and like $30 extra spending money. All of it poofed in the blink of an eye. All of my sadness  :'(

edit: yeah, I'm 21.

My real Poison team in BW2. They all have perfect natures and EV's. I went the extra distance and bred the right IV's into them. Come at me bro.

Keaton

Quote from: Zelda Veteran on July 12, 2013, 12:28:27 PM
So my dad paid the fine, because my mom made him. My mom didn't want me to go to jail under any circumstance. Now I just owe my dad back. He absolutely DOES have the right to ask me to give one of them up, because I'm still living under his roof. When I have my own place, I'll get back into Magic the Gathering.

So now I owe him all that money, and he's a lot lest strict about due dates than the law. The ticket was originally $20. I'm okay now, I suppose. It's just gonna suck, because I really wanted to go to comic con this year... Now I have to save up for my costume all over again.

I had $80 in the costume fund, $40 in the Pokemon Y fund, $70 in the Wii-U fund, and $30 in the smash bros fund. $200 in the bank (waiting to be taken for bills), and like $30 extra spending money. All of it poofed in the blink of an eye. All of my sadness  :'(

edit: yeah, I'm 21.

That sucks, mang.  As a debtor, I know that feeeeeel

MagmarFire

Yeesh, talk about a drastic turn. The system has to be built on punishment, doesn't it...?

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Zelda Veteran

These are the kinds of offenses that would be forgivable if capitalism wasn't based on greed :/

Oh well. It has to have a flaw somewhere.

My real Poison team in BW2. They all have perfect natures and EV's. I went the extra distance and bred the right IV's into them. Come at me bro.

Mysterious F.

So on a more uplifting note, the baby of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge is a boy.

Zelda Veteran

Has anyone seen Magz?
I have some business with him... He hasn't been on in at least a week.

Zelda Veteran

So I was at my local card shop today, and found a what looked like a gameboy color game, but it was burnt to high hell. The whole thing is burned, and somehow still works. Mike (the manager) had it priced at 25 cents. I asked him about it, and he said he didn't know what game it was. Some guy came in, and put the game on the counter. Apparently, Mike said he wasn't gonna take the game, but the guy said Mike could HAVE it. He didn't want it. He said the game was nothing but trouble.

I laughed, and said, "Obviously... It's burnt! How does he expect it to work?" Mike told me it really worked! He told me to keep my quarter and told me I could have it. He just had to put a price on it for store reasons or something. So yeah, I took it and threw it in my GBA SP. It took a couple of tries, and some blowing on the cartridge, but it finally fired up. It's Pokemon Red version! I can't believe this thing still works! I'll put a picture of it up as soon as I can. My phone's camera is malfunctioning every time I try to take a picture. The application freezes, and it takes me back to the home screen. I need a new phone soon =P

Anyways, yeah, the guy was in the beginning of the game, and somehow has Lv. 0 Charmander with 0 HP and 0 for all of its stats. It's pretty creepy, like it has no life XD

I think he tried hacking the game, and got pissed at it for not working like he wanted. I haven't gotten a chance to play it, but I'll start a new game tomorrow and try like a Nuzlocke or something. My luck is turning up ^^

Hi no Seijin

Quote from: Zelda Veteran on July 26, 2013, 09:58:59 PM
Has anyone seen Magz?
I have some business with him... He hasn't been on in at least a week.
I sent him a message over on Facebook.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

Keaton

Quote from: Zelda Veteran on July 27, 2013, 12:15:00 AM
So I was at my local card shop today, and found a what looked like a gameboy color game, but it was burnt to high hell. The whole thing is burned, and somehow still works. Mike (the manager) had it priced at 25 cents. I asked him about it, and he said he didn't know what game it was. Some guy came in, and put the game on the counter. Apparently, Mike said he wasn't gonna take the game, but the guy said Mike could HAVE it. He didn't want it. He said the game was nothing but trouble.

I laughed, and said, "Obviously... It's burnt! How does he expect it to work?" Mike told me it really worked! He told me to keep my quarter and told me I could have it. He just had to put a price on it for store reasons or something. So yeah, I took it and threw it in my GBA SP. It took a couple of tries, and some blowing on the cartridge, but it finally fired up. It's Pokemon Red version! I can't believe this thing still works! I'll put a picture of it up as soon as I can. My phone's camera is malfunctioning every time I try to take a picture. The application freezes, and it takes me back to the home screen. I need a new phone soon =P

Anyways, yeah, the guy was in the beginning of the game, and somehow has Lv. 0 Charmander with 0 HP and 0 for all of its stats. It's pretty creepy, like it has no life XD

I think he tried hacking the game, and got pissed at it for not working like he wanted. I haven't gotten a chance to play it, but I'll start a new game tomorrow and try like a Nuzlocke or something. My luck is turning up ^^

Relevant

MagmarFire

Quote from: Zelda Veteran on July 27, 2013, 12:15:00 AM

Those things are made of Nintendium, man.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Zelda Veteran

Holy moley I'm living the beginning of a creepy pasta ;)
So I started a new file today, but no matter which pokemon I choose in the beginning, I end up with a Lv.5 Charmander with 0 life. It doesn't die in battle... It just gets hit, and makes the fainting noise, but remains on the battlefield. It's like cheating. I had work today, but I didn't get far. There's a chandler on route 1, and when I talk to her, she just makes a pokemon noise. I think I might have actually stumbled upon a creepy pasta pokemon game ;D

Keaton

Quote from: Zelda Veteran on July 28, 2013, 01:25:46 AM
Holy moley I'm living the beginning of a creepy pasta ;)
So I started a new file today, but no matter which pokemon I choose in the beginning, I end up with a Lv.5 Charmander with 0 life. It doesn't die in battle... It just gets hit, and makes the fainting noise, but remains on the battlefield. It's like cheating. I had work today, but I didn't get far. There's a chandler on route 1, and when I talk to her, she just makes a pokemon noise. I think I might have actually stumbled upon a creepy pasta pokemon game ;D

Quote from: Zelda Veteran on July 28, 2013, 01:25:46 AMchandler