News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Super Mario Bros. X

Started by Deku, December 13, 2010, 09:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deku

So I just beat Mario Bros X. I decided not to recommend it to you guys until I'd beaten it, (making sure it was safe, rated E, worth it, etc.) and now I have. Now, I summarize how awesome the game is, and why you should download it. BUT FIRST: What is it?

"Super Mario Bros. X 1.3 is a massive Mario fan game that blends elements from Super Mario 1, 2, 3 and World. It has many power ups, such as the Ice Flower, Hammer Suit, Tanooki Suit, Kuribo's shoe, The Billy Gun, and Yoshi. You can also play the game with a friend in the 2 player co-op mode, were the screen seamlessly splits and combines as the players separate and rejoin.

This fangame is most notable for it's extensive level editor that allows you to create almost any kind of level that you can imagine. The real time editor lets you edit the level while playing it! You can also create your own episode using either the SMB3 or SMW styled world map, or you can create a Mario 64 style hub level and have the players collect stars to advance."

-Official Site

Reasons one through three (of why should download it) are it's safe, free, and doesn't take up much space on PC. The game was epic, and if you ask me, it's of official Nintendo quality. I found absolutely NO bugs whatsoever. The music was nostalgic, and there were quite a few surprises along the way. If you're a Mario fan (or were) you're going to absolutely love this fan game. If you're a Zelda fan, you'll also love this game, as you can play as our favorite Hylian protagonist, Link. If you're a Mario and a Zelda fan, you'll one shot this game like I did (or tried). I didn't want to put it down, but school called for my time. In any case, I beat it in two days, it was that good. With a few new features, challenging game-play, and some downright awesome Zelda references (I won't spoil anything), I throughly enjoyed it.

Now I mentioned something in that paragraph there that might have more meaning to some than others. "Challenging Game-play". This game was a hell of a fight. Remember doing the same levels over and over again, knowing when you had to time each jump by the time you were finished with the level? Yeah- this game will take us oldschoolers back to a time called "Nintendo-hard." Towards the end of this game, you'll have stuff flying at you from every corner of the screen, but that's what makes it most amazing of all for me. I miss being challenged. It's one of the reasons I started playing video games, and for that matter Zelda. I definitely recommend giving this thing a shot.

You can download it HERE.

xarlote

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо