News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Let's beat some life into this, shall we?

Started by cacturnerules, March 09, 2011, 05:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cacturnerules

I have no idea how lively the other clans are, but Armos sure as hell isn't. There's one or two chatboard-like topics that are posted in from time to time, but other than that, we do nothing but be pretty and cool. So, who has any ideas on how we can make these a little more interesting?

Armos had a game where we roll dice and fight enemies and stuff, but that didn't last all that long. But it's not just that. There's no purpose of being in the clan other than having this exclusive game and other private boards. So, we need ideas on how to make these more interesting for each clan, as well as everybody. I was thinking we could have some kind of competition to keep things interesting. For example, we could have something like the House Cup from Harry Potter. Each clan accumulates points over a period of time, and then gets a prize or bragging rights for winning. We could also have other kinds of things like Pokemon or Brawl battles, even TF2. Anything.

Well? :3

MagmarFire

I'm liking the Pokemon and Brawl ideas.

...Project: M/Brawl+ would be nice, though. XD

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Hi no Seijin

I'm more in favor of the Pokemon idea, but I can't get a connection at home, so if I want to get on WiFi, I'd have to walk for an hour+ to the library or mall.  You could of course have Pokemon battles without me, but if you want to include me in on the fun, we're going to have to devise a game for the forums.

Unfortunately, I have no ideas at the moment.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

cacturnerules

It doesn't have to be a video game, it can be a bunch of little things that make you actually want to be in a clan. Maybe we could do something with Skype... And obviously we can use here. Which is a good place to start. >_>

We can get really intense with this. We can have 2 players from one clan go through Portal 2's co-op, and then 2 from another do the same, and see who gets a better time. I personally like the TF2 thing, 'cause I do similar things with my friends.

We also have to worry about people showing up, which is why I think TDC is a good place to start~

EDIT: Bumped, so hopefully people will see the new post thing. >_>

Anybody? ;~;

Pyrgusfinn

I like it! haha. Methinks there should definitely be some sort of incentive to being in a clan other than it being where all the best people are hiding.
Wizzrobe doesn't really do much either.  I think the last time we had a good convo going was the last time that I was really active.  hah. So a while back.  Just saying.

Keaton

I am eager to hear any suggestions as to incentives.

Deku

The brawl idea isn't fair. Any team I join will totally mop up the competition >:]
But I'd definitely be down for the brawlz. I don't have a DS, so no pikamen for me :(

What if there were an actual prize? I mean talk about incentive.

Pea-Tear Griffin

ZV You could always borrow one of my DS's to use :D

But indeed what if there was a real prize o.0
Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

Deku

Winner gets to give ZV a free copy of Skyward Sword. :D

But in all seriously, I think a prize everyone here could get behind would be Skyward Sword. Although, I think it's coming out soon... I think a couple of months.

Twilight Wolf

Problem with a prize is that someone has to pay for it. And since I think most of us are poor high school kids I doubt anyone's gonna want to put up $50 for a game.

Game competitions would be fun, but the problem is there's no way to make it work since it would rely on everyone having not only each game in question, but the system it requires and the ability to play online.
What, you expect me to say something witty?

Pale Dim

Winner gets bragging rights. How about that?

3308-7723-6389

Deku

Quote from: Jean Havoc on April 22, 2011, 04:21:53 PM
Winner gets bragging rights. How about that?
Fail. They're gonna brag no matter what. :P
How long did you think that one through? XD

How about a special title here at TDC? :D

The Glamour Nazi

xarlote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru