News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Skyward Sword's New Possible Villain

Started by Vaati, March 18, 2011, 11:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think he will be?

Main Villain
5 (71.4%)
Semi-Main Villain (like Zant was)
2 (28.6%)
Random Boss
0 (0%)
Vaati or some like form of Vaati
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Vaati

"Fie" almost sounds like "fly" which could potentially play into the whole flying, sky, all that jazz.

Whenever I see it "Phi", I can't help but think of a frat house.

The Glamour Nazi

Yeah, phi is prounounced "fee" anyway.

I think it'll be Fie.

Vaati

My Bio teacher told us it was pronounced "Fye". Dang it, I've been had.

MagmarFire

Quote from: Inigo Montoya on June 11, 2011, 05:54:12 AM

I use long i's for Greek letters, personally, due to the fact that, after all, most people pronounce pi with a long i, as well. The same thing with chi, even though some pronounce it a soft "ch" and a long e, but I think that could possibly be attributed to a lack of understanding.

Of course, it's up to the speaker, like always; my vector calculus professor always pronounced phi with a long e himself.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

The Glamour Nazi

Quote from: MagmarFire on June 11, 2011, 05:37:37 PM
Quote from: Inigo Montoya on June 11, 2011, 05:54:12 AM

I use long i's for Greek letters, personally, due to the fact that, after all, most people pronounce pi with a long i, as well. The same thing with chi, even though some pronounce it a soft "ch" and a long e, but I think that could possibly be attributed to a lack of understanding.

Of course, it's up to the speaker, like always; my vector calculus professor always pronounced phi with a long e himself.

I just know it's the golden ratio... And  that the golden ratio is pronounced fee.

Vaati

Anyway, back ontopic. Do you guys think that Ghirahim is going to be a semi-main villain or do you think that there's a bigger villain and if so, would it be Ganon or someone else? I personally think that since this game apparently is supposed to take place before OoT, that Ganon won't be in the picture.

Pea-Tear Griffin

My thoughts are the same there that Ganon isn't gonna be around. But you just can never know. I want to say that Ghirahim is gonna be the main boss, but it just doesn't feel like Nintendo if that were true. Though I wouldn't argue really either way I kinda want to see him as a final boss.
Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

Deku

Quote from: Vaati on June 12, 2011, 08:06:15 AM
I personally think that since this game apparently is supposed to take place before OoT, that Ganon won't be in the picture.
I don't understand your logic.

I think he might be like... A literal puppet of the main villain. The main dude is gonna be all like, "Aww... And I was having fun watching my puppets dance... That's right Link. You've been my puppet too... All along."

MagmarFire

To clear up her logic, consider Ganondorf during Ocarina of Time. That was meant to be his "start of darkness," so to speak--his first rise to power. Introducing Ganondorf before then, during Skyward Sword, would be a blatant contradiction of this, and considering that Nintendo appears to really want to connect this game to OoT, they'd really be shooting themselves in the foot if they did.

Deku

Quote from: MagmarFire on June 12, 2011, 12:19:44 PM
To clear up her logic, consider Ganondorf during Ocarina of Time. That was meant to be his "start of darkness," so to speak--his first rise to power. Introducing Ganondorf before then, during Skyward Sword, would be a blatant contradiction of this, and considering that Nintendo appears to really want to connect this game to OoT, they'd really be shooting themselves in the foot if they did.
Did they ever say anywhere that Ganon never existed prior to OoT?
Because if they did, I'd like a source. I'm not being a jerk here either, I just really want to have my Zelda facts straight when I engage another fan in a heated timeline debate.

If they ever said anywhere that Ganon never existed before Ganondorf, I'd be happy to admit it, and add it to my arsenal of timeline knowledge.

Vaati

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Split_Timeline_Theory

In Ocarina of Time, the King doesn't seem to be aware of how dangerous Ganon really is and Zelda just has a suspicion that he's going to do something evil. If Ganon was in any games prior OoT causing trouble, then wouldn't the King be a little more cautious and Zelda having more than just a prophetic dream to back up her suspicion of Ganon? So that's what makes me believe that's when Ganon "started his darkness".

The Glamour Nazi

Really, his name makes me thing of Aganihm (Or whatever his name was from ALttP) so I mean... I would expect him to SEEM like the real boss, only for something else to be behind him.

But for once, I would REALLY like a Zelda game NOT to have something like that (as a majority of them end up like this) and instead have them have him just be the big bad.

And I hope he's like Kefka. That'd be hardcore.

MagmarFire

Quote from: Zelda Veteran on June 12, 2011, 01:10:02 PM
Did they ever say anywhere that Ganon never existed prior to OoT?
Because if they did, I'd like a source. I'm not being a jerk here either, I just really want to have my Zelda facts straight when I engage another fan in a heated timeline debate.

If they ever said anywhere that Ganon never existed before Ganondorf, I'd be happy to admit it, and add it to my arsenal of timeline knowledge.

I'm pretty sure nothing explicit was said about it, which is probably what inevitably caused a lot of people to speculate that Ganon(dorf) would make an appearance. It all depends on your stance on the matter, I'd say; however, considering OoT's original placement on the timeline, when Ganondorf and his counterpart made reappearances throughout the series relative to the different game eras, and how The Wind Waker introduced us to the good intentions behind his dastardly deeds back in Ocarina of Time, it makes more sense to me that they'd remain faithful to that and not make a completely obvious retcon by introducing him again in Skyward Sword. I'm not speaking for Vaati when I say this, but...

Quote from: Inigo Montoya on June 12, 2011, 03:35:17 PM
And I hope he's like Kefka. That'd be hardcore.

Indeed, it would. He really does have that air to him.

Vaati

He does seem a lot like Kefka as far as looks, anyway. I have no idea what his personality is like since I haven't played Final Fantasy VI.

And what like Mags said, that's true that after explaining Ganon's initial intentions in The Wind Waker, that they probably wouldn't go into further elaboration in Skyward Sword especially since I believe that Ocarina of Time was the start of his rein of terror.

cousintony

I think he will be a semi-main villain. But the way the series is going, he could end up being a brand new main villain for games to come.