News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

The Fourth

Started by kamakaziplumber, June 03, 2011, 10:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamakaziplumber

Uh, well... I'm not sure if anyone will even see this, but I'd feel too terrible posting this in the General Discussion forum, so here it is.

I'm currently working on a webcomic, The Fourth, with my girlfriend. It's available at www.thefourthcomic.com

It literally just went live today, but we'll be posting new comics every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the rest of the summer, then maybe down to two a week once the semester starts up again.

So far this has been a really fun project, and I felt I should share it with you guys because, honestly, you'd enjoy it. Here's a short description:

QuoteThe Fourth is a story-comic, and while we try to keep it consistently humorous, it's meant to be read from beginning to end. While essentially a parody of adventure games and the odd and helpless situation of being a villain in such, it is also a tale of a lot more, and we do take the characters seriously. Mostly, though, it's fun, and we want you to laugh.

If you're still on the fence, just give it a try. It's got great art and a story we're really excited about, and I think by the end of the first short "arc" you'll be looking forward to more.

Uh so, yeah. Tell your friends? Oh, this won't affect any of my work on TDC, by the way. If anything, it's been my stepping stone back into web design, so you should still look forward to TDC improvements in the coming weeks.

Hope you like it!
The Fourth! A webcomic about the hopeless case of the game villain.

"Tis music that soothes the savage beast, but the dagger that causes long slumbers."
- Me!

MagmarFire

I like what I see so far. The first comic definitely made me lol. ;D

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

kamakaziplumber

Thanks, Mags. The next comic just went live! EVERYONE GO LOOK. Use Facebook and Twitter! TELL FRIENDS.

"Tis music that soothes the savage beast, but the dagger that causes long slumbers."
- Me!

MagmarFire

Done, done, DOOOOONE!!!

By the way, I have a suggestion as to how you can improve your author's note: Tell them to ditch IE entirely and switch to Firefox, Chrome, or any other browser that's actually good! >:D ...Even though IE9 is pretty decent, but still.

kamakaziplumber

Uh well, instead of doing that, I just sat down one night and coded at the site until everything worked perfectly in every version of Internet Explorer and also every other browser I could test. It wasn't that bad honestly.

ANYWAYS THE THIRD COMIC IS UP.

OK you guys should all like this one. Seriously. Again, tell your friends please.

- Me!

MagmarFire

And I do. Nice OoT reference. XD

You know, we should totally create a TV Tropes article for this. Who knows? It could help with advertising.

kamakaziplumber

There will be many OoT and Zelda references in the future, believe me. There are plenty in today's comic!

I have always avoided TV Tropes so I wouldn't end up spending hours and hours looking at its articles, so... I mean, it is probably too early in the comic's lifespan right now for something like that anyways. There isn't much information right now, and I wouldn't want to give anything away.

- Me!

MagmarFire

If ya say so. Still, don't let its stance on notability make you hesitant; it is rather lenient, after all.

kamakaziplumber

We may have a TV Tropes article soon enough, but I'm not the one making it. Someone else seems to have offered. >.>

Anyways there have been like three updates since the last one I posted here that you all would totally love.

- Me!

MagmarFire

I certainly lol'd. Very nice work there. XDD

xarlote

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт