News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Napoleon Dynamite

Started by MagmarFire, May 02, 2006, 06:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of it?

This is pretty much the worst video ever made!
2 (20%)
It's pretty sweet...!
2 (20%)
It's awesome!
0 (0%)
This movie, it's...it's incredible...!
6 (60%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

MagmarFire

Here, you can talk about anything that's Napoleon Dynamite...that's right; it's the movie without a point. Also, feel free to talk about how it affected your social life, assuming that it did.

I have to say right now that today, on May 2nd, 2006, I did the dance in front of a lot of girls. In return, I got money, four girls' phone numbers, and a peck on the cheek! ;) Man, that's awesome! ;D

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Gamefreak

Idiot, Hell no I won't vote in your poll.  Gosh!

The Postman

I wish you would go and eat a decroded piece of crap ;D

MagmarFire

Knock it off, Napoleon! Why don't you make yourself a dang "quesadilluh"!? ;D

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Gamefreak

daemonsage420

It was pretty funny shiZ.

Howl

Tina, you fat lard come over here and eat your ham
Ligers are real

JDog

I have seen that movie, god, freakin idiot. ;D I love that part, so funny.

Eralk Fang

Napoleon Dynamite is probably the only movie ever made to completely lack any traditional story structure. So that just makes it better.

JDog

What do you think commedy's are for? They have no point, they just make people laugh.

Eralk Fang

Well, most comedies have at least a basic structure- it's how we get the plot, no matter how thin it is. For instance, Dumb and Dumber, mother of all brainless comedies, had a story structure. Traditional story structure follows the basic rising action, climax, and falling action pattern. Napoleon Dynamite barely has that. It's essentially just a period of time spent with Napoleon, the entertainment gleaned from just how weird he is. It's a great movie, don't get me wrong, it just circumvents a lot of story standards. Bring on the dadaism, I say.

And there are comedies with more then one goal than making people laugh, and achieving every single one of the them. I direct you to Thank You for Smoking, which is one of my favorite comedies.

Gamefreak

Yeah, Eralk Fang is right.  Most comedies have at least a basic plot.  Napolean was probably the dumbest movie ever(doesn't mean I didn't like it).

DarkZelda

Napolian Dynamite was pointless. But that's what made it good.
I myself find a point in everything. This movie almost killed me. ;D

Heck Yes!

xarlote

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting