News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Minecraft?

Started by kamakaziplumber, July 17, 2011, 08:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamakaziplumber

Do we not have a TDC Minecraft Server yet? A quick forum search didn't seem to reveal one. Should I... should I run one? Would people be interested in that? How many of you actually have Minecraft?
The Fourth! A webcomic about the hopeless case of the game villain.

"Tis music that soothes the savage beast, but the dagger that causes long slumbers."
- Me!

MagmarFire

The only online-related game I'm playing now is TF2. I'm sure Tach would be interested, though.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Keaton

I have a server currently but it's kind of terrible, running on a low-RAM computer.  If you have a better comp I'd love to have an official TDC server.

kamakaziplumber

My computer might be better, but it's the only one I really have. Hopefully one of these days I'll pick up a computer I can use as a dedicated server for this kind of thing, but for now this is the best I have.

That said, I'll run an official TDC server, but I need to know that enough people are going to use it to make it worthwhile...

"Tis music that soothes the savage beast, but the dagger that causes long slumbers."
- Me!

DW

Okay...what are the requirements to run it on your computer?
­

kamakaziplumber

Minecraft should run on just about any set up. The catch is, you have to pay for it. It's not too expensive (about $20), but I wouldn't want to make anyone buy it. :/ Mostly I was interested to see how many TDCers already play the game.

- Me!

Keaton

Well, if you'd like to try out my server, the IP is 108.56.150.17

The Glamour Nazi

So I have some money in my Paypal, and I was wondering if I should get Minecraft, since my girlfriend doesn't seem to want anything for some weird reason.

Everyone I got a response from on Tumblr says yes. but the friend i go to for all things Online gaming says no.

I don't wanna buy it and end up bored, so like... I dunno.

Can we play together? Should I get it?

Keaton

The Glamour Nazi

So I got minecraft.

I can't make the pickaxe. Since I can't get sticks, since I can't get wooden planks. Since I can't cut trees. Since I can't make an axe. Since I can't get sticks.

You see where this is going.

Keaton

The Glamour Nazi

So how long do I punch this tree for?

kamakaziplumber

Until the block breaks and it drops a smaller version of itself that you pick up automaticallly.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net

That should have more than enough information on how to play the game, including a very detailed (and straightforward) guide on how to craft everything in the game. It's wiki setup makes it easy to find out more, too.

I have a server set up, I couldn't resist. I already started building myself a castle :/ I could start it up if you guys want, and leave it running most of the time. I'm looking into finding a desktop for free somewhere so I can just constantly run a server once classes start and I'm in my dorm again.

Let me know if you want the server address. I should probably test it from someone else's computer first...

- Me!

Keaton

Sure, give me the address.  Assuming you don't want it to be public, PM me.  I'll test it out for ya :D

kamakaziplumber

I actually tested it and it works! So, EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN THE FUN, send me your Minecraft account names so I can put you on the server's whitelist.

Also, I'm working on getting a better domain redirection up, but for now you can access the server at desertcraft.dyndns.org... provided you're on the whitelist, of course. :P

- Me!