News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Minecraft?

Started by kamakaziplumber, July 17, 2011, 08:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keaton

My username is, shocker, Tacheonblack.  Whitelist, plox! :D

The Glamour Nazi

I'm Chuckinator0

My computer can barely run MC and on High Performance my computer overheats, so...

I'll try to play with you guys eventually.

kamakaziplumber

Aha sorry guys, I've been out all day. I'll add you two to the whitelist now and then throw the server up for the night.

We'll have to figure out an efficient way to run the server, since it does require quite a bit of ram. I'm still looking into a computer I can dedicate to the service, but for now I'm using my main to run it. I have enough RAM, but I'd rather not be running it constantly.

I'll probably iron out some time frames for now. I'll think about it over the weekend.
The Fourth! A webcomic about the hopeless case of the game villain.

"Tis music that soothes the savage beast, but the dagger that causes long slumbers."
- Me!

Keaton

kamakaziplumber

Yeah that would be nice :(

"Tis music that soothes the savage beast, but the dagger that causes long slumbers."
- Me!

Keaton

It's thunderstorming on the server AND NONE OF YOU ARE THERE TO SEE IT

Gamefreak

It might be a couple weeks before I can get my desktop up and running again to play Minecraft.  My laptop's not too great at it.

kamakaziplumber

The server is temporarily down because I went home for a visit, and for some reason my desktop here absolutely hates the one USB drive I backed the server up to. So... yeah. I'll see about getting it up.

EDIT::: Server is back up.

- Me!

Gamefreak

Sorry about the crater right in front of the spawn shelter.  Creepers would not stop gathering right in front of it.  Ended up having a chain reaction of 3 Creepers go off.

kamakaziplumber

We need more people to be on this server. :( I'm making a large castle and town for hardly anyone...

- Me!

Keaton

:< I'm trying to get on whenever I can, man.  If you want, I know one or two folks that would be happy to play on your server.  They're not TDC folks, but they're fun to get along with and one of them is from another Zelda site.

Gamefreak

I ended up paving over the crater with a deck, but having a crater there gives me an idea.

Would anyone be opposed to me making a lava moat or regular moat outside the safe house?

Keaton

kamakaziplumber

I've been working on the server today. The CraftBukkit mod is installed, with plugins for world editing, zone creation/protection, and locking chests. I'm going to keep looking into plugins; I wanted to do an economy one, but the permissions plugin it required was annoying.

- Me!

kamakaziplumber

Did you guys ever officially kill the rule against double posts? Oh well.

I've been working on permissions, and I've got them down pretty solidly so that the mods won't let just anyone do anything.

Also, I'm thinking about installing a mod that will let me change the spawn point so it's outside my castle. Since it's so far away.  ;) And there's so much room within my realm's walls for building houses. AND since beds let you decide where you want to spawn anyways, I figure it couldn't hurt. Opinions?

- Me!