News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

If you could have a Superpower...

Started by Deku, May 22, 2012, 02:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deku

I know, I know, it's an age-old question.

But honestly, what would your super-power be?
I'll start with my answer, and then say the coolest thing I heard today.

My super-power would probably be to control time. It's so many powers rolled up into one.

Anyways, onto the real reason I made this topic. Stan Lee, creator and founder of Marvel, was asked in an interview what his superpower would be if he got to choose. His reply?

Luck.

The super-power of luck. I've since changed my answer to Luck as well, but that's not fair to say :P
That's his power, and if you really think about it, it's a darn good one.

So I ask again-

What's yours?

Keaton

A few years ago I would have said the ability to become completely invisible.  But recently, I've decided the ultimate power would be absolute domination of will, persuasion if you would.  Who needs to be invisible when you can convince people that you're either a figment of their imagination or just completely obliterate their memory of the incident?

MagmarFire

I thought on invisibility, too, but as the antithesis of Tacheon's offense-based approach, my approach is much more defensive: teleportation. Who needs to be invisible if you can avoid people completely by warping to a place far from them--or, even better, by warping them into a vacuum? Plus, it is very handy otherwise with getting from Point A to Point B, obviously.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Deku

You know, I always thought it would be pretty cool to teleport too. But do you have any idea how fat I would get?

Twilight Wolf

Mine is sort of along the lines of Tach's: Being able to understand anyone perfectly. Conflict resolution would be a BREEZE. Plus you could use that to your advantage and make people help you or do what you want by playing to their strengths or insecurities.
What, you expect me to say something witty?

MagmarFire

Quote from: Zelda Veteran on May 22, 2012, 05:51:16 PM
You know, I always thought it would be pretty cool to teleport too. But do you have any idea how fat I would get?

You could get fat abusing time, too, possibly. Stop it/rewind it before work/school starts. :P

Pale Dim

I've always been on the offensive, and I love the idea of moving things and doing things without even moving my body. There was a time when I wanted to have Magneto's ability and manipulate metals of every type. But I gave that some thought. Why manipulate metals when I can manipulate EVERYthing? Psychic energy, with enough power to lift tanks and have them shoot each other. I could get a good laugh at that.

3308-7723-6389

Keaton

I change my mind, the power of Montage is the greatest power in the known universe.

Hi no Seijin

I'd go with a range of psychokinetic powers.  Telekinesis, pyrokinesis, cryokinesis, etc.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

MagmarFire

Quote from: Loki on May 23, 2012, 09:04:45 PM
I change my mind, the power of Montage is the greatest power in the known universe.

That is the most hilarious superhero video I've ever seen.

xarlote

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

xarlote

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

xarlote

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting