News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Disney's Wreck it Ralph

Started by Deku, June 07, 2012, 10:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deku

Trailer

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. It looks like the first video game movie in a very long time that I actually want to see. As soon as I saw Zangief, Bowser, Eggman, and Clyde... I knew I had to go see this movie.

Hi no Seijin

Well, that gots me interested.

I especially enjoyed the comment that says there's now a reason to put Bowser and Eggman in Kingdom Hearts.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

Pale Dim

Okay, that's a must-see for me.

3308-7723-6389

MagmarFire

Now we just need a Zelda reference in there, and I will freaking love Disney forever. ...Actually, I've always loved Disney, but you know what I mean.

inb4YES!YES!andOFCOURSE!

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Keaton

If you ask me, this movie is destined to fail.  Even if it succeeds, it will only succeed at becoming a winning failure.  This is exactly the sort of **** that is destroying the movie industry, and indeed the entertainment industry as a whole.  Nobody's coming up with new content, the best they can do is resurrect a bunch of old, used tropes of characters and force them to go through a formulaic series of circumstances to achieve their dreams.

Sure, it's what people go to the theaters to see, but that's not necessarily a good thing, is it?  How would music look today if Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, Liszt, Chopin etc. solely composed variations on Pachabel's Canon in D Major?  It might be pleasant to listen to the first few hundred times, but that kind of ruse gets old very quickly, and it can lead to the stagnation and eventual death of the creative process.

[/endrant]

MagmarFire

I'm not calling you out or anything (but then again...), but I presume from this that you're not the kind of guy who likes troperifficity?

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Mysterious F.

I'm excite for this.

One of the best movies of last year is exactly what you described, Loki, and that's The Muppets. (Then again, The Muppets have always been about using every cliche in the book as brilliantly post-modern as possible.) I honestly don't mind cliches as long as they're done well.

Mysterious F.

On a side note, you can play the game featured in the movie on Disney's website for the movie.

disney.go.com/wreck-it-ralph/#/fixitfelix

It's pretty fun.

Gamefreak

Quote from: Loki on June 07, 2012, 06:53:33 PM
If you ask me, this movie is destined to fail.  Even if it succeeds, it will only succeed at becoming a winning failure.  This is exactly the sort of **** that is destroying the movie industry, and indeed the entertainment industry as a whole.  Nobody's coming up with new content, the best they can do is resurrect a bunch of old, used tropes of characters and force them to go through a formulaic series of circumstances to achieve their dreams.

Sure, it's what people go to the theaters to see, but that's not necessarily a good thing, is it?  How would music look today if Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, Liszt, Chopin etc. solely composed variations on Pachabel's Canon in D Major?  It might be pleasant to listen to the first few hundred times, but that kind of ruse gets old very quickly, and it can lead to the stagnation and eventual death of the creative process.

[/endrant]

Speaking of Pachelbel...

MasterKeyX

It could either be a profoundly terrible movie, or a somewhat funny one, but either way I don't think it'll be spectacular.

I hope it's better than Brave, because THAT was a major disappointment. I'd be lying if I said I was a little sad Ganondorf didn't appear in the trailer, but maybe it's best to keep Zelda out of something like this..

RIP my LeafGreen team: 2005-2010

Mysterious F.

Speaking of other animated movies, has anyone seen ParaNorman? A lot of my friends on other sites were very excited for it, but most of them seem to have had an "It's okay" reaction.

Keaton

Quote from: Mysterious F. on August 20, 2012, 10:34:44 PM
Speaking of other animated movies, has anyone seen ParaNorman? A lot of my friends on other sites were very excited for it, but most of them seem to have had an "It's okay" reaction.

I have not seen ParaNorman, but from what I gather it's essentially just the Tim Burton School of Animation cashing in on the zombie craze-- so I'm not even going to bother.

MasterKeyX

Quote from: Keaton on August 20, 2012, 11:06:02 PM

I have not seen ParaNorman, but from what I gather it's essentially just the Tim Burton School of Animation cashing in on the zombie craze-- so I'm not even going to bother.

I've heard the same thing. It's a shame, too. It looked kind of cute, and the initial trailer grabbed me. Ah well.

RIP my LeafGreen team: 2005-2010

Pale Dim

Quote from: MasterKeyX on August 21, 2012, 04:58:01 PM
Quote from: Keaton on August 20, 2012, 11:06:02 PM

I've heard the same thing. It's a shame, too. It looked kind of cute, and the initial trailer grabbed me. Ah well.

I will let my own opinion be the judge of that.

3308-7723-6389

Mysterious F.