News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

TOP 20 people I want to beat to a pulp with a saxophone

Started by Darth Wyndisis, August 30, 2012, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagmarFire

Quote from: Keaton on December 13, 2012, 04:50:39 PM
No.  The fight between Obi Wan and Darth Vader in episode IV was infinitely better than the one in episode III.  Special effects don't really do it for me when they're used in place of actual action and skilled direction.  I don't care how many magic lava backflips they can make Ewan MacGregor do through visual effects, that's just big-budget masturbation.

Fair enough. Authenticity has its own charm, after all.

Although I still think the flynning in IV looks pretty narmtastic after watching the prequels. It wasn't even trying to be subtle. To me, while it was still flynning in the prequels, it wasn't as easy for me to notice since the number of actions per second was an order of magnitude higher. Or maybe it was just the flashiness that distracted me.

Before you guys kill me, though, the final lightsaber duel between Luke and Vader in VI was nothing short of epic.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Mysterious F.

I still have some for him, namely for how much he has advanced special effects over the years and how he and Spielberg have worked to improve the quality of the film stock used in movie projectors. Other than that...

Mysterious F.

1. - 20. People who believe "gun control" means "the fascist government is going to steal all of my guns!!!!!!!"

Hi no Seijin

Then there's the Westboro Baptist Church, who thinks protesting includes harrassing grieving families at the memorial service for their children.  Yes, we have rights such as freedom of speech and protest, but rights comes with responsibilities, and the WBC is abusing them, using them to spread hatred and bigotry, and disrespecting the dead in the process.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

Twilight Wolf

Did you know hate speech isn't covered by the First Amendment? I wonder how they get away with that.

Did you further know there have been several petitions to the Obama administration to classify them as a hate group and to remove their tax-exempt status by declassifying them as a church?

Come on, government, do something for the people for a change!
What, you expect me to say something witty?

Hi no Seijin

Quote from: Twilight Wolf on December 20, 2012, 05:26:25 AM
Did you know hate speech isn't covered by the First Amendment? I wonder how they get away with that.
No, I did not know that.

Did you further know there have been several petitions to the Obama administration to classify them as a hate group and to remove their tax-exempt status by declassifying them as a church?
If you can find a petition to link to, I'll gladly sign it.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

Mysterious F.

Quote from: Hi no Seijin on December 20, 2012, 05:11:44 AM
Then there's the Westboro Baptist Church, who thinks protesting includes harrassing grieving families at the memorial service for their children.  Yes, we have rights such as freedom of speech and protest, but rights comes with responsibilities, and the WBC is abusing them, using them to spread hatred and bigotry, and disrespecting the dead in the process.

Yeah, I agree. They're pretty terrible.

Come on, government, do something for the people for a change!

Woah, this just blew my mind. Sign me up!

DW

The problem is that there's no black-and-white line that dictates where hate speech begins and expression of beliefs ends. Fred Phelps is an ex-lawyer, and as such he knows how to exploit all the loopholes. The way he's been conducting this has made it difficult to convict him of anything the few times he's been tried, and the one time it looked like he'd be convicted (for assault) he ended up getting a mistrial through a stroke of luck.
­

MagmarFire

At least Anonymous is doing something about it. They don't always do the right thing (although that may be a different "branch" of Anonymous...), but when they do good, they REALLY do good.

What they're doing against the WBC is probably illegal, even, but who am I to give two figs about legality when the WBC's being given their just desserts? At their best, Anonymous is kinda like the Spectres of our time--operating despite the bounds of authority.

Keaton

Quote from: MagmarFire on December 22, 2012, 10:45:50 PM
At least Anonymous is doing something about it. They don't always do the right thing (although that may be a different "branch" of Anonymous...), but when they do good, they REALLY do good.

What they're doing against the WBC is probably illegal, even, but who am I to give two figs about legality when the WBC's being given their just desserts? At their best, Anonymous is kinda like the Spectres of our time--operating despite the bounds of authority.

I see you're enjoying Mass Effect.

MagmarFire

Haha, someone got the reference! Good work, Tach. *fetches cookie*

Keaton

MagmarFire

Mysterious F.

MagmarFire

Forget a saxophone. That guy needs to be hit with a tuba.

Or given a pacifier. Actually, that would be more appropriate.