News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

I'm in so much pain right now

Started by Darth Wyndisis, December 01, 2012, 09:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wyndisis

I had emergency hernia repair surgery earlier this week.  The other day I noticed there was a weird bulge in my gut, and I was like 'lol better get that checked out.'  So they ended up sticking my intestines back in where they were supposed to be and they stuck some mesh crap or something in under my skin to keep them from coming back out.  The past couple days I have been sleeping pretty much when my pain medication allows me to.  I hate being on so many pain meds; I'm worried I'm going to become an addict.

Keaton

There are worse things in life than being addicted to pain medication.

Not many, for sure, but you could have, like, smallpox or something.

MagmarFire

Eesh, that doesn't sound good. Were you doing intense exercises in strange positions, or did it just happen?

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Darth Wyndisis

It pretty much just happened.  I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary.  Earlier in the week I did like 2000 steps on the stair stepper and the day before I was carrying around some buckets of water.  Maybe it actually happened then and I just didn't notice until I did.  Oh, but there is some good news.  I got through the entire night without pain medication.  It hurt like hell this morning; I could barely sit up.  At least now it doesn't hurt when I am not moving.

Keaton

Quote from: Darth Wyndisis on December 02, 2012, 06:47:23 AM
It pretty much just happened.  I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary.  Earlier in the week I did like 2000 steps on the stair stepper and the day before I was carrying around some buckets of water.  Maybe it actually happened then and I just didn't notice until I did.  Oh, but there is some good news.  I got through the entire night without pain medication.  It hurt like hell this morning; I could barely sit up.  At least now it doesn't hurt when I am not moving.

Hooray for progress!

Hi no Seijin

Hooray indeed.  I hope you get better.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

Pale Dim

Oh dear god, I sure hope you get even better!

3308-7723-6389

Darth Wyndisis

Thanks, guys.  If I keep improving at the rate I have been, I should be back to normal pretty soon.

Mysterious F.

Well, think of it this way: The pain would probably have been even worse if you waited longer to go to the hospital.

Glad you're getting better, too.

DW

­

MagmarFire

You got dis, man. Get well(er) soon!

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Zelda Veteran

Holy cow. That's intense. What did they say happened? Do intestines naturally just come uncoiled like that? Yikes. Good to hear you're getting better though. Makes my own stomach churn thinking about it =P

My real Poison team in BW2. They all have perfect natures and EV's. I went the extra distance and bred the right IV's into them. Come at me bro.

Darth Wyndisis

They didn't really say.  They seemed more worried about getting it fixed than how it happened.  I don't think it is normal for hernias to just pop up like that, though.  Maybe I had a smaller hernia for a while that just got bigger all of a sudden.  I have an appointment with the doctor that did the surgery next week, so maybe he will be able to give me an idea of how it happened.

xarlote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru