News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Link to the Past 2

Started by Zelda Veteran, May 06, 2013, 02:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zelda Veteran

Sooo... I noticed there still isn't a topic here for it, so... boom. I didn't want to put it in the LttP thread for two reasons: one, it's not LttP, it's a sequel. Whole new game. Two, that thread doesn't get a whole lot of love. In fact anything below Links is pretty much banished to never be looked at.

Anyways, yeah, Link to the Past 2! Here's the trailer for anyone who hasn't seen it: Trailer

When I saw the top-down view, I was immediately put off. I was hoping for something a little more first person. But as the trailer progressed, I found myself more and more drawn to this game's charm. My eyes lit up when Link turned into a drawing. That was magical! Speaking of magic, it looks like this game's magic meter doubles as a stamina meter. Things that shouldn't require magic like swinging a hammer and firing an arrow take away from the meter, whereas things that should require magic like turning into a drawing, also take from the meter. Moreover it refills on its own. Really looking forward to it- Aonuma says we'll have it by the end of the year, and we're already almost halfway through the year already. Big hopes for this one.

On a last note- I'm glad they didn't use Wind Waker Link for this one. Top-down games after the WW have all used that style, and it's nice to see Link go back to an Oracle style Link.

My real Poison team in BW2. They all have perfect natures and EV's. I went the extra distance and bred the right IV's into them. Come at me bro.

Mysterious F.

There is one way that The Wind Waker's art influences this, at least. When Link turns into a wall painting, he looks like the drawings from the opening of The Wind Waker, the retelling of what happened with the Hero of Time.

Vaati

Nobody likes to look in the Zelda threads anymore. RIP :( http://desertcolossus.com/forum/index.php?topic=8111.0

No matter. While I have no problem with toon Link, I will admit it's a breath of fresh air to have a top-down game that doesn't use that style.

MagmarFire

I'm also happy that the toon style is taking a backseat. I did notice that they're using a very similar engine to the DS games, though (Link's model, for instance, looks like it came from the DS games but was retextured to fit A Link to the Past's style), but it works with the top-down perspective.

Personally, I'm just looking forward to what the story is about. Skyward Sword's story will definitely be a tough act to follow, but all the same, I'm interested in revisiting the Defeated Timeline (supposedly) after all these years. ...And I'm hoping to the heavens that Nintendo doesn't spoil us with trailers so much! I want to be surprised! XD

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Keaton

Quote from: MagmarFire on May 18, 2013, 07:16:52 PM
I'm also happy that the toon style is taking a backseat. I did notice that they're using a very similar engine to the DS games, though (Link's model, for instance, looks like it came from the DS games but was retextured to fit A Link to the Past's style), but it works with the top-down perspective.

Personally, I'm just looking forward to what the story is about. Skyward Sword's story will definitely be a tough act to follow, but all the same, I'm interested in revisiting the Defeated Timeline (supposedly) after all these years. ...And I'm hoping to the heavens that Nintendo doesn't spoil us with trailers so much! I want to be surprised! XD

To be safe, though, just do what I do.  Don't watch the trailers.

MagmarFire

Hoo, way ahead of you. I very, very rarely watch trailers for storied Nintendo games because I know they'll spoil something.

...Although this time, I should probably stay away from TV Tropes, as well.

Mysterious F.

So... since this game is going to have an arrow meter that slowly refills itself, anyone else think that the bow will run on magic this time?

MagmarFire

Possibly. Hopefully. It's probably going to function more as a stamina meter, but if there is magic in it, I'm all for it.

Hi no Seijin

Zelda 3DS has an official subtitle now: A Link Between Worlds.  Also, it looks like the Fire Rod is coming back. *gigantic grin*
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

MagmarFire

I'm a very big fan of the title. It has a certain ring to it, while also being a shout-out to A Link to the Past.

And the Fire Rod is major win. :D

xarlote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru