News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

a few questions(newb)

Started by gerudomaiden, June 05, 2006, 06:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerudomaiden

Hey all I really like this site and I LOVE Zelda but after i didnt really cover Twilight Princess so much during E3 and I have a few questions...sorry if they have been asked....

Ok we know the gorons are in the game right? Well do we know anything about Gerudo/Zora/Sheikah/Deku/Kokiri I really hope they are in cause this game is already looking to be awesome anyway and as u can tell i am a gerudo freak  

Another question is that if this Hyrule is the same as Ocarina Of Time like ya know with Zoras Domain and Gerudo Valley and Kakariko, Death mountain and whatnot any way thanks alot for any help with these questions theyve been bugging me for quite awhile now

iastreb

sorry buddy. i have the same questions, and many more. nobody nows ;D

gerudomaiden

thanx anyways...I just really hope this game is awesome

Evilslayer

Yes, it looks to be great. So, why spoiling it by adding all those races? Personally, I think it got too much in OoT with all those races at once. Sure, the Overworld in TP is much larger, but I still think the games should mostly focuse on the most important race, the Hylia (and their descendants).

OoT really didn't need any more new races than the Kokiri and the Gorons. The Gerudo isn't from Hyrule to begin with, so it could have just mentioned them. That would have left quite a bit to the player's imagination and the game would have been more interesting.

The Sheikah is the shadow of the Hylia, so they're not really a new race. The Zolas have been there since the first game, so they're not new either.

QuoteAnother question is that if this Hyrule is the same as Ocarina Of Time like ya know with Zoras Domain and Gerudo Valley and Kakariko, Death mountain and whatnot any way thanks alot for any help with these questions theyve been bugging me for quite awhile now

It is the same Hyrule, but so is ALttP. Maybe. But anyway, the chances that all those places will be in it are slim. At least that they'll have the same name. They will also be placed in slightly different locations and look different, if they against all odds will be in it.

The Lost Woods, Lake Hylia and Death Mountain will most likely be in it. All those places have been in Hyrule since at least ALttP (Lost Woods and Death Mountain since LoZ). I hope that the Lost Woods will have a theme that looks more like the one in ALttP. The theme in OoT doesn't at all.

iastreb

i like that tune in OoT :)

The Zora people may also be making a comeback. In an interview from EGM's September 2005 issue, Eiji Aonuma said "...Because [Twilight Princess] is several decades after Ocarina, it's possible some of the characters from that game might still be alive in this world. We've already shown the Goron in an earlier trailer; I think people can look forward to seeing if we include Zoras as well..." [27] While in the recent issue #204 of Electronic Gaming Monthly, the short description beside the "thuggish" new Goron image says to "expect similarly stylin' makeovers for Hyrule's other races, the zora fishmen and deku scrubs." This may be confirmation that both the Zora and the Deku scrub races will be appearing in the game.

i found that in Wikipedia, what do you think? ;D

gerudomaiden

lol thats kinda odd i never thought the gorons looked THAT thuggish but hey at least zoras n dekus r in and getting a revamp

iastreb

Evilslayer

Quotei like that tune in OoT

Well, that's a matter of taste. But my point is that it doesn't fit the Lost Woods. I wouldn't mind if they include it, but I personally think the Lost Woods should have a more mysterious theme.

iastreb

is part of the kokiri forest, FULL WITH CHILDREN :o

gerudomaiden

Mysterious F.

gerudomaiden, I'm going to tell you this, but answering with one word posts is spam, against the rules in the forums, except the Chatboard. Try not to spam outside the forums. Members got banned for that.

alical

QuoteSo, why spoiling it by adding all those races?
I like all the races especially Gerudos, zoras and sheikahs. They added texture and made Hyrule seem like a proper complex world. I hope they all come back. If you think about it a race cant really die out in several decades, i mean that is less than 100 years.

I dont like the "thuggish" gorons. I liked the cute bumbly yawning gorons. :(

gerudomaiden

Gee sorry so
i screwed up once, now ur gonna stereotype me as a n00b right?? well hows this for a multi letter message u buttplug

Hi no Seijin

Excpet now we're going to get on your case about insulting another member, also against the rules.

Anyways, what x*TwilightZelda*x said about races making Hyrule a proper complex world is right.  Having a variety of different people makes Zelda unique.  Take that away, and what do we have? (A rehortical question, by the way)

And Evilslayer, the other races are important in OoT because each has a sage.  What about their descendants? (this one isn't rehortical; please answer it)
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

gerudomaiden

Ya Hyrule needs to be diverse and of course  the races in oot's descendants can live on