News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Characters you want to see return

Started by Uximadesk, June 04, 2009, 01:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DW

I wanna see the blacksmiths back. From ALttP, I mean.
­

MagmarFire

The ones from Majora's Mask would be awesome additions, too. ;)

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Teadrinkinglooney

It'd be nice to see some form of Deku leader again, or an idea of some form of society. Don't know why, but just that bit in MM seemed really cool to me when I was first playing it. Maybe it's just because I think Deku's are awesome, but I liked the whole aristocratic society they had going. XD I understand that Termina is some form of alternate world to Hyrule, and it's unlikely we'll revisit it but a character similar to the king or any of the royal family would be nice to see.

Hi no Seijin

Quote from: Teadrinkinglooney on June 23, 2009, 05:44:30 AM
Maybe it's just because I think Deku's are awesome...
I thought we would be able to get along, but now I just don't know.

Just kidding.  I'm not that petty.

But still, I'm up for the eradication, er, disappearance of Dekus.  They're just so unimpressive to me.

Din was a major character, at least in Oracle of Seasons, so I doubt she counts, but what about her troop?  They were a jolly band, and considering it was their job to protect Din they should have played a larger role in the story than being tossed around like puppets by Onox; come to think of it, I don't think they appear again after the opening cutscene.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

Teadrinkinglooney

Quote from: Hi no Seijin on June 23, 2009, 06:30:32 AM
Quote from: Teadrinkinglooney on June 23, 2009, 05:44:30 AM
Maybe it's just because I think Deku's are awesome...
I thought we would be able to get along, but now I just don't know.

Just kidding.  I'm not that petty.

But still, I'm up for the eradication, er, disappearance of Dekus.  They're just so unimpressive to me.

Din was a major character, at least in Oracle of Seasons, so I doubt she counts, but what about her troop?  They were a jolly band, and considering it was their job to protect Din they should have played a larger role in the story than being tossed around like puppets by Onox; come to think of it, I don't think they appear again after the opening cutscene.

Poor Dekus... so much hatred...  :( 

Still, a person that's not petty on a zelda forum? That's unsual...  ;)

And I agree with the thing about Din's troop, it'd be nice to see them return in a more practical role... Though that would mean another story involving Din as a physical being that either needed saving or was there to be met, which is kind of off-putting for me. I prefer the gods to stay either away from current events completely or be indirect in the way they're effecting things. Having the goddesses literally appear in front of your eyes would just irritate me for no rational reason.

Thinking about it, it'd be nice to see the Happy Mask Salesman. Who always seemed to be a bit weirder and more mysterious then at first glance. Though I'm not so keen on his characterisation at the end of the MM manga... Always seemed weird to me that he would intentionally bring the Mask and cause the skull kid to wear it. Weird guy who doesn't seem to lose his memory despite your going back in time, ok. Bringer of chaos who seemingly wants worlds to be destroyed by a really slow falling moon... Maybe not.

Hi no Seijin

I think the oracles were just named after the goddesses; they weren't actually physical avatars for the Golden Three.

Oh, hey, the Tokay from OoA; they were awesome, even if they did rob you while you were unconscious on the beach.  Then there's Adlar, Queen Ambi's former advisor, also from OoA.  You'd think that would make him an important character, but he didn't really play any role at all in the story.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

greatness1993

I would like to see the kokori return in 3d and maybe even the minish, those races were awesome but shortlived in their own games... The minish had nice dungeons from their prospective and the kokori had the trademark lost woods with the best music ever. I would love to see them reused but nintendo is creative, they'll come with other good stuff too
Http://www.gaminglagoon.com/?ref=30582 get free stuff and help me out people!
Great ptc site referral:
Http://jillsclickcorner.com/members/register.php?ref=Greatone1993
Please! I need a few referrals for both! Help me out if you want to

Vaati

Quote from: Rorschach Mikaudes on June 04, 2009, 01:21:31 PM
I'm talking about those little characters who, despite just giving their 2 cents and disappearing, left an impression on you.

Is Vaati little enough? He is a Minish, after all.  ;D I'd also like to see Midna come back and Ezlo, too. They were my two favourite sidekicks!  :D

DW

Quote from: Vaati on July 10, 2009, 11:38:29 PM
I'm talking about those little characters who, despite just giving their 2 cents and disappearing, left an impression on you.

Is Vaati little enough? He is a Minish, after all.  ;D I'd also like to see Midna come back and Ezlo, too. They were my two favourite sidekicks!  :D

How would a main villain or Link's companions count as little characters?
­

HylianHero92

Because they "just left their two-cents and left."

Or

Only appeared in one game or briefly.

Vaati

Exactly.
Quote from: Shika on July 11, 2009, 12:10:54 AM
Quote from: Vaati on July 10, 2009, 11:38:29 PM

How would a main villain or Link's companions count as little characters?

Well, what are you suggesting I put? :P

Anyway, the Deku Princess was pretty cool, too.

Pale Dim

I want to see what would happen if all the races were put in one game. Personally, as you can imagine, I'm a big Gerudo fan, so I would love to see them more often.  I mean, I was pretty happy to see the Zora, and the Gorons, but I was disappointed by the lack of Gerudo.

3308-7723-6389

Hi no Seijin

Quote from: 2nd Lieutenant Jean Havoc on August 15, 2009, 03:17:44 PM
...I'm a big Gerudo fan, ...
High five!

Quote from: 2nd Lieutenant Jean Havoc on August 15, 2009, 03:17:44 PM
I want to see what would happen if all the races were put in one game.
Think about how much space that would take up on the disc, though.  I'm not even sure it would be that feasible with a MMO.  Still, it's a neat idea.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

Pale Dim

Sometimes the best things take a lot of space. At least mention a few of the races every once in a while throughout the game, like in legends and somewhat. But keep the Gerudos. Make them a living race, major part of the game, if possible. Imagine what they would look like with those advanced graphics....*heavy sigh*.

Telma was only a failed attempt to remember them. Tracks of land were...too large.

3308-7723-6389

Mysterious F.

I'd like to see more of Skullkid. He was one of the best villains of the series.