News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

TOP 20 people I want to beat to a pulp with a saxophone

Started by Darth Wyndisis, August 30, 2012, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keaton

Quote from: Hi no Seijin on November 25, 2012, 06:10:23 AM
And from the bomb hatches: droidekas!

Oh my god.  Why isn't this a movie.

Droidekas were the best things to come out of... the prequels.  *shudder*

Pale Dim

Quote from: Keaton on November 25, 2012, 07:30:00 AM
Quote from: Hi no Seijin on November 25, 2012, 06:10:23 AM
And from the bomb hatches: droidekas!

Oh my god.  Why isn't this a movie.

Droidekas were the best things to come out of... the prequels.  *shudder*

Must I remind you of Star Wars Bounty Hunter? Probably one of the most under rated games Lucasarts ever spewed out.

Anyway...

IRON MAN ARRIVES AND STARTS FIGHTING ALONGSIDE THE DROIDEKAS!!!!

3308-7723-6389

Twilight Wolf

Am I the only one that enjoyed all the Star Wars movies?

For that matter, am I the only one that's kind of looking forward to possibly having new ones made?
What, you expect me to say something witty?

Keaton

Quote from: Twilight Wolf on November 25, 2012, 12:36:47 PM

For that matter, am I the only one that's kind of looking forward to possibly having new ones made?

Oh, I'm looking forward to episode VII.  The prequels were fine as movies... but they were terrible Star Wars movies.  Lucas got his wires crossed somewhere.

Pale Dim

Quote from: Keaton on November 25, 2012, 01:53:03 PM
Quote from: Twilight Wolf on November 25, 2012, 12:36:47 PM

Oh, I'm looking forward to episode VII.  The prequels were fine as movies... but they were terrible Star Wars movies.  Lucas got his wires crossed somewhere.

I was particularly fine with them as Star Wars movies, the only things I want retconed are  Padme and the romance scenes. She never was mentioned later on, after all. Replace her with a hoe, and replace the romance scenes with Anakin discovering greed and power after getting a brush with the Dark Side, and there you go. Same results.

Oh, and be sure to replace Hayden Christensen with someone who can act. >_>

I am looking forward to the future movies as well, seeing as how well Disney did with the Marvel movies.

3308-7723-6389

Hi no Seijin

I didn't particularly care for the Anakin/Padme romance either, but I don't think they need to get rid of it.  It just needs a lot of fixing up.  Padme was a bad*** in I and II, but then she gets to III and she "lost the will to live"?  What the hell is that crap?  It would have been better if Padme hadn't recovered from Anakin's Force choke and she died from that instead of a broken heart.  Perhaps put a little less focus on Anakin joining the Dark Side to protect Padme.  It should still be a factor, since it was the motivating force for Anakin's desire to get more power, but we've already seen that Anakin has trouble controlling his anger; they should have played that up, but without making Anakin a whiny douchebag in the process.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

MagmarFire

Quote from: Pale Dim on November 24, 2012, 10:17:41 AM
*Epic music begins, weather becomes dark and cloudy, heavy rain begins to fall, lightning repeatedly strikes in the background, your opponent raises his sword up, a lightning bolt strikes it, making it electrified, and the battle begins*

Hey, no spoilers, bro. :P

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Mysterious F.

Keaton

Hayden Christensen is a good actor.  He really is.  He was just... not given much to work with.

MagmarFire

Not that I'm knocking the prequels (not that I think a lot of people would mind, of course...), but I think a big reason why the prequels fell flat in a lot of people's eyes was because of the lack of peer editing of the storyboards and the like. Episodes IV, V, and VI didn't have that problem.

Keaton

Quote from: MagmarFire on December 13, 2012, 12:34:02 AM
Not that I'm knocking the prequels (not that I think a lot of people would mind, of course...), but I think a big reason why the prequels fell flat in a lot of people's eyes was because of the lack of peer editing of the storyboards and the like. Episodes IV, V, and VI didn't have that problem.

Also, too much blue screen.  People are either walking in front of a blue screen and talking, or sitting on couches (seriously, about 10% of the prequels is spent on couches) and talking, or fighting against a blue screen.

MagmarFire

That's more of a special effect thing, in my opinion. There's quite a stark contrast between the final battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin in Episode III and their rematch one film later. Seriously, watch those two back to back, and you'll be begging for a blue screen.

Keaton

No.  The fight between Obi Wan and Darth Vader in episode IV was infinitely better than the one in episode III.  Special effects don't really do it for me when they're used in place of actual action and skilled direction.  I don't care how many magic lava backflips they can make Ewan MacGregor do through visual effects, that's just big-budget masturbation.

Mysterious F.

Well, Lucas filmed several scenes in Episodes II and III with one actor up against a green screen reading their lines. Lucas would then edit them into whatever part of the shot he wanted. And yes, this includes dialogue scenes between multiple characters. Part of why they look so stiff.

Keaton

That's alright.  I lost any respect I had for him a long time ago.