• Welcome to The Desert Colossus.
 

News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Ganon's Apprentice (Part II)

Started by Vaati, November 12, 2006, 06:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaati

"Shh...he's asleep."
   "But–"
   "No, we can't wake him."
   "Well, should we at least try to–"
   "Wait, he's waking up!"
   Links eyes snapped open.  He had a splitting headache, and his vision was slightly blurred.
   "What?  Where...where am I?" he inquired.
   "Here, drink this," said a familiar voice.  Link tried to remember whose voice this was, this soothing voice.  He tried to remember where he was.  But most of all, he tried to remember what had happened before he had let his weariness get the best of him.  
   He drank the concoction that had been handed to him, and his headache subsided.  As his vision returned, he began to see who it was that had been speaking.  A small girl, no older than ten years old, and garbed entirely in green, sat at his feet.  Saria?  Link jumped up, his mouth agape.
   "Saria?  My goddesses!  Is that really you?"  exclaimed a jubilant Link.
   "Yes Link, it's me," she smiled shyly.
   The two embraced; it had been years since they had last met, and Saria was perhaps just as happy to see Link as he was to see her.  But there was something holding her back.  Her smile slowly disappeared and she instructed Link to sit back down on the couch.  Link suddenly became worried and sat down.  He looked around at his surroundings and his eye fell upon the scraggly old woman who had first let him inside.  He immediately remembered where he was and what had happened before he had fallen asleep, and became worried of what Saria might say.
   "Wait a minute," Link protested, "you haven't even told me your name yet," he pointed at the woman.
   "Yes," she sighed, "I guess you're right.  My name is Tovia. I'm an old friend of Jemima, the grandmother of Anju."
   "Anju?" Link was surprised, but somewhat relieved to know that this woman was a friend.
   "That's right." Tovia remarked. And before Link could even ask, she answered his question for him, "After she and Kafei got married, they moved back to Kakariko Village. That irresponsible girl. She hasn't even taken the time to reply to any of my letters to her."
   Link gulped and contemplated whether or not he should break this old woman's heart. "I have bad news for you.  Unfortunately, Kakariko Village has been destroyed. There were no survivors. I'm so sorry."
   Tovia stared at Link for a moment, tears welling up in her eyes, then looked up at the ceiling to hold back the tears.  Saria placed her hand on the old woman's shoulder, but Tovia slapped her hand away and ran into her room, slamming the door behind her.  At first Saria looked a little offended, but then remembered that Tovia had just lost two of her closest and dearest friends.  She turned to Link in silence, and Link turned his head away; he did not want Saria to know he was crying too.

***********************************************************************************
And that's it for Part 2!  :D

Takun

AWWWWW! Poor old lady. I wonder what happened to everyone? :-\
~Sincerely,
               Management

Mysterious F.

THEY DIED!!!!!!


Well, I like how you leave a bit of a mystery in the story. Also, I thought Kokiri die if they leave the forest. Saria's alive?


Takun

I know that they died but how? And who did it? I mean, was it Ganon? Majora?
~Sincerely,
               Management

Vaati

You'll find out. I'll just post it all in one topic. M'kay?