News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Heroes

Started by iastreb, May 25, 2006, 09:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi no Seijin

TP takes place decades after OoT.  And since MM takes place a month or so after OoT, TP takes place decades after MM also.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

iastreb

;D duh. but where is TWW in this storyline? :-\

Evilslayer

QuoteI don't think he's gonna be the hero of anything, Link will die or disappear as told in TWW prologue, his name will be forgotten.

That won't happen because:

1. It's the most beautiful game Nintendo has ever made, not the saddest.
2. I can bet you anything that it will have a sequel.
3. The prologue only says that the Hero of Time didn't appear. TP Link is NOT the Hero of Time.
4. TP Link is on a picture in TWW, so he's NOT forgotten.

Hi no Seijin

Quote from: iastreb on June 12, 2006, 12:18:40 AM
;D duh. but where is TWW in this storyline? :-\
After TP.

A game can be beautiful and sad at the same time.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

Alpha

Quote4. TP Link is on a picture in TWW, so he's NOT forgotten.

Wait, what? He is? Where do you find this picture, Evilslayer? I've never noticed it, and I've beaten TWW multiple times.

alical

I haven't seen the pic???
And what if the pic is the Hero of Time?
Anyway apparently Ganon isnt the main enemy in TP so that is why TP Link isnt mentioned. 'Cos it said nobody stopped Ganon but TP Link stopped something else :P

Hi no Seijin

Be careful not to jump to conclusions.  Do you have proof that Ganon isn't the main villian in TP?  Also, over time, legends change and some things can be forgotten.  This might be the case with TP.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

alex

i dont think ganon is the main bad guy... i think he has a major role though cus he holds the triforce of power, maybee they have to release him from the evil realm so they can reunite the triforce against a greater evil!!! yeahh! but probably not...

Hi no Seijin

That would be a good story, but they would have to make another game to explain how the Triforce was split again.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

iastreb

alical

QuoteAlso, over time, legends change and some things can be forgotten.
They are vair silly people if they remember something that happened ages ago(OoT) then something that happened a lot sooner (TP) is just forgotten  ;)

Hi no Seijin

I remember that the Declaration of Independence was signed on July 4, 1776, but I can't remember what I ate for breakfast a week ago.  It is perfectly feasible for a whole nation to remember one legend and not another.  Also, maybe they do remember both, but only one was significant for the game.  Nintendo can't put every little thing into a game; there's not enough room.  Hyrule is a thriving nation and should have thousands, if not millions, of people.   Yet, in OoT we only see a relative handful of the Hylians and the other races.  And Hyrule Field is obviously large, if it takes you one in-game day to cross it, but it only takes a minute or two in real life.  Where is Nintendo going to put all of this and still have enough room for the actual game?  Only in there and other's imaginations.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!

MagmarFire

Quote from: Hi no Seijin on June 13, 2006, 07:00:14 AM
That would be a good story, but they would have to make another game to explain how the Triforce was split again.

I suppose that they would have to say that the Hero of Time reincarnated or something in order to keep what TKORL said to Link true. I don't really see how (yet, that is) the Triforce of Courage split into eight and reform if no one's done anything about it within a few decades later.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Evilslayer

In TWW the King of Red Lions said that the Hero lost the element that made him a hero, yes, but not that it was split up. If you look into it, you may realize that the Triforce of Courage CAN'T have been split into eight pieces before AFTER the Flood.

QuoteWait, what? He is? Where do you find this picture, Evilslayer? I've never noticed it, and I've beaten TWW multiple times.

In the prologue, and in Tetra's cabin.

QuoteA game can be beautiful and sad at the same time.

Not if the only main character dies. :-*

QuoteAnd what if the pic is the Hero of Time?
Anyway apparently Ganon isnt the main enemy in TP so that is why TP Link isnt mentioned. 'Cos it said nobody stopped Ganon but TP Link stopped something else

The pic is not the Hero of Time because he has TP Link's hair.

And it said the Hero of Time didn't stop Ganon, not that no one did. Remember what the King said? The gods sealed Ganon in Hyrule. What if a Link summoned the gods?

QuoteAnd Hyrule Field is obviously large

Not only that, but in real life there would be roads, farms, villages, etc. all the way from the Kokiri Forest to the Gerudo Desert, and from Death Mountain to Lake Hylia.

iastreb

the same Hyrule from OoT?