News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Movies

Started by iastreb, June 08, 2006, 11:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysterious F.

Tell me about it.

Hi no Seijin

The Harry Potter movies do seem to be heading away from the books.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

Mysterious F.

Maybe it has to do with the new directors.

Gamefreak

Yeah, that's the problem with movies modeled after books.  Quite a few points are off from the book.  I think it's just for people too lazy to read the books.

Raccoon

Nah, it's just that books are usually over 300 pages long. You can't make a movie with every single bit of the book.

iastreb

yeah, but the castle of Hogwars is allways different, and the Quiditch finals match was very important >:(

Hi no Seijin

That is true.  If The Lord of the Rings went into every single little detail, we'd have a trilogy that would take one day to watch just one movie.

Speaking of TLotR, I was disappointed when Peter Jackson didn't include The Scouring of the Shire.

I'm always afraid to watch a movie of a book I have read.  You never know if the director can make it match the book.
Best.  Cane.  EVER!
Secretary of Lolcats; I won the MagmarFire Award for 2/21/08!
Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!  Filler.Filler.Filler.Fillah!

iastreb

:'(its a risk, but movies are for this too ;D

JDog

Is anyone going to see Pirates of The Carabian 2.

Gamefreak

Well I'm not commenting on the fact they don't cover anything.  I'm just saying that they changed a few things in LoTR.  Like in the book, Arwen didn't rescue Frodo near Weathertop.  Also, what happened to Tom Bombadil.

JDog

Alot movies differ from books.

alical

QuoteIs anyone going to see Pirates of The Carabian 2.

Yeah definitely I LOVED the first one and the 2nd one looks awesome. :)

MagmarFire

Oh, yeah, tell me about it! Just a few more weeks of waiting, though... :'(

Quote...what happened to Tom Bombadil[?]

I don't know. I wondered about that at one point or another, but I think it has to do with the numerous amount of elements for the movie.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

JDog

Whos your favorite charicter in Pirates of The Carabian.

Gamefreak

Who did Orlando Bloom play?  Was it Jack Sparrow or William Turner?  I know Jonny Depp was the other actor.