News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Bad guy Link?

Started by Penguin dude 2, April 05, 2007, 04:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do we need a bad Link game

need one
2 (40%)
don't need one
3 (60%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Penguin dude 2

i just watched the Spider-man 3 trailer at Youtube. And it made me think= we need a game where link is a bad guy. Or at least has the choice. Doing things like kill Tingle by stabbing a sword through his chest, or throwing that clown guy down into Lake Hylia to his death after killing that other guy. he could even be taken over by Majora, kinda like what happened to the Skull Kid, but this time, all gory. You know, kinda make the game like KOTOR. By the way, are they making a 3rd KOTOR, because I want to see what happened to Revan.

DW

There is dark link, in ALttP they think you are evil, and on LA you can become a thief. but other than that, wouldn't it ruin the whole game? you are supposed to rescue Zelda...
­

Bboy94

Quote from: Shikamaru Nara on April 05, 2007, 04:56:55 PM
There is dark link, in ALttP they think you are evil, and on LA you can become a thief. but other than that, wouldn't it ruin the whole game? you are supposed to rescue Zelda...
*cough*Zelda the gang-mistress.*cough*

A Zelda game kinda like fable would be cool, I made some evil LttP Links, they are fun.

IronKnuckle

Have the next Zelda game be like SWKOTOR, where what desisions you make determin if you are going good or evil.

It would kinda ruin the game though. How about we have dark link be a finalboss instead of just a miniboss.

Baka Nezumi

Interesting idea. I'm not sure if I'd like it, though; as it is a VERY big plot change.
Plus, Link's always been that "knight in shining armor" to me. It'd be a little weird to ruin that.  ;)

Mysterious F.

Link can't be the bad guy: he's the only playable character besides Kafei. And that was only in MM.

wiizard

it will be much like prince of persia 3 with the dark prince. But I don't think this suits a zelda game, although it could be not that link is bad but needs to joint for example dark link for a common good. I don't know, just an idea.

Fishalicious

I think they should make a spin-off game featuring Kafei or Vaati, like they did with Tingle.

I mean, Vaati wasn't that bad before the whole "TO STONE WITH YOU!" thing and such. And Kafei saving Anju from Stalkid would be sweet, at least, I think so. xD

Bboy94

Maybe a Dark Link spin-off, no not an emo Dark Link, one like in Eloze.

Penguin dude 2

What do you mnean by dark link in LttP? Anyway, I'm tired of being the "knight in shining armor". Rescueing Zelda is getting REALLY boring. the only games where you don't rescue her are LA and MM. Thats why he needs to go psycho, or do something like the Godfather. Now that was a good movie.

Evilslayer

Link is and will always be a "knight in shining armour". Changing that WOULD kill the game.V_V For one, how do you propose the system of dungeons should be? The only reason it works is that those other games either don't have dungeons at all or they're more like a bonus feature.

In Zelda it would not work because you always have to beat an X amount of dungeons, often in a chronological order, before you get to the final dungeon where you meet the bad guy. It can only work if they somehow find a way past that system without destroying it, something I don't think is possible even with the Master Dungeon system of PH.

Penguin dude 2

i didn't think that far ahead, though they could be missions. Anyway, I just want to be the bad guy! Knights in shining armor are boring!  :P

Bboy94

Like, you do the same dungeons, and depending on your  side you give the prize to a different side.

>_> Save Twinrova from Link as Dark Link.

LadyNintendo

Quote from: Penguin dude 2 on April 10, 2007, 04:06:58 PM
i didn't think that far ahead, though they could be missions. Anyway, I just want to be the bad guy! Knights in shining armor are boring!  :P

Then find a game that allows you to be the bad guy.

Seriously, if you want certain gameplay elements, find a game that offers them, instead of wishing for another game to change some of its basic elements.

Penguin dude 2

What games even have the option to be a bad guy and aren't M? I know KOTOR, but I borrowed the 1st from a friend, and the Xbox is gone for the 2nd. I also didn't really like the 2nd. I've read Eloze, and that version of Dark is awesome! Too bad more people aren't as good writers as Dark Link. We should geta Zelda spinoff with a character people like, like Mikau, or a zora.