News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Closet Door

Started by Deku, October 04, 2011, 10:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deku

Alright, I'm going to start off by saying that I don't expect you to believe the story I'm about to tell you. Something really scary happened to me recently, and I've told very few people thus far. Two of my very good friends, and as of last night, my mom. I only told her because she asked why I was sleeping with a quiver of arrows by my bed. So here's how the story goes...

It was the dead of night. That time of night when you're calculating just how much sleep you'll get if you fall asleep immediately. I, on the other hand, was almost asleep. It was that doze where you're done searching for the perfect sleeping position; you've found the comfiest spot on the bed, and your thoughts are starting to play out in front of you like a motion-picture. You're almost dreaming, but not quite. I was just minutes from full on R.E.M., when suddenly all hell broke loose in my room.

All in one half-second, I heard a scratch at the wall, papers across my room rattle, something slamming my dresser... and something ran across my midsection. All of this in one small instant. It barely touched me, but I felt it. I sat up in bed, my heart in my throat. My hands desperately searched my side-table for my phone, and pressed the button as quickly as I could. I held my phone up to scan the darkness, and it was about then that I realized I was trembling. My light was shaky, but it provided just enough illumination to give me clear sight of my room. It didn't take me long to realize something that made my entire body run cold with pure fear.

My closet was open.

I close my closet every night before I go to bed (if at all it had been opened during the course of the day). Ever since I was a child I've had an irrational fear of my closet, and to this day I still close it at night. So how had it opened? And when? Had it been in that instant that my room decided to freak out on me? I didn't know. I had more questions than answers, but at the moment all I could do was stare at the closet with my trembling light. Then my backlight timed out, and scared the ba-jesus out of me. I quickly pressed the button again, and while keeping the light trained on my closet. The lamp on my side-table is rarely plugged in. It shares an outlet with my phone charger and my 3DS charger, and so I hoped the God I had used the lamp lately. Thankfully, it was plugged in, and when I pushed the switch, my room became illuminated.

I got out of bed slowly, and sidled across the wall to my main light, and flipped the switch up. My room became further lit, but I wasn't satisfied. I turned on my TV, and stared at my closet from across the room. When my TV turned on, it scared me out of my skin, because I'd had it turned up really loud to hear it over my fan from my bed. That way I could just turn it off from the remote, and fall asleep. But that laziness betrayed me here, and I quickly scrambled for the remote, which wouldn't be far from my bed. After the TV was blaring for a good fifteen seconds, I just ran to the TV, and turned it down manually. I worked up the courage to approach my closet, and look around inside. I found nothing but my own personal belongings. I closed my closet, and sat down on my bed, trying to make sense of what was happening. It had all happened so fast. I didn't feel like explaining it to my parents just yet, so I hoped that the TV hadn't woken them up.

I spent that night trying to fall asleep with the lights on, but I just couldn't do it. I settled for just leaving the TV on, and setting it to sleep in sixty minutes. It worked like a charm, and I managed a good three hours of sleep before I had to wake up for college. I awoke feeling nowhere near rested, and decided that I wouldn't tell anyone immediately. I mean who would believe that I have a monster in my closet? Only my closest friends. The people that have known me since my freshman year of highschool. The people who know that the only things that scare me are cockroaches and demons... and clowns. Screw clowns man. So I pulled my old black trunk out of my closet, and blew the dust off of it. It had been a long time since I'd opened this box. I undid the latches, and opened it up. My old bow sat in the trunk; it required assembly, but I wasn't in the trunk for the bow. Firing a bow from my bed would prove difficult, so instead I retrieved the arrows from the case, along with the quiver. I wedge the quiver between my bed and my trashcan, holding it in place just to the left of my head.

So now each night I sleep awaiting its return. I'm downright terrified still, but at least now I can quickly arm myself with a sharp object. I don't know what else to do until it returns... What is it? Why has it chosen my closet as a home? Like I said before: More questions than answers at this point.

The Glamour Nazi

MagmarFire

A ghost, possibly? If so, I wouldn't be sure it would be haunting just your closet, but hey, it could.

Advanceshipping and Rion had better be Chuck Norris approved.

Pale Dim

It was probably one of those hallucinations you experience when your body falls asleep with your eyes open. I tried it out some time ago...never doing that again.

3308-7723-6389

Keaton

Quote from: Jean Havoc on October 08, 2011, 08:00:43 PM
It was probably one of those hallucinations you experience when your body falls asleep with your eyes open. I tried it out some time ago...never doing that again.

I have night terrors often.  It's generally due to lack of sleep, and high amounts of stress.  It happens most often when you wake yourself up from a nightmare in the middle of the night but your body is still in sleep paralysis.  You don't consciously know why your body is being held down so your brain contorts the shadows and vague shapes in the darkness into some reason to be held down i.e. demons/boulders/psychos

Deku

I think I'm gonna switch rooms... I don't know what I'm dealing with, but I'm terrified to my very core right now.
I woke up this morning. Only I was on the floor. And halfway in my closet. I'm all scratched up from something, my arrows are all over the floor... I don't know what to think of this... I don't really

xarlote

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

xarlote

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

xarlote

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting