News:

Welcome to the Desert!  Register, post, and have fun.  Why not introduce yourself in the
Welcome Thread?

Main Menu

Next Zelda Wish List

Started by Jack, May 02, 2005, 09:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

What would you like to see in the next Zelda game? Post your wish list here!

For myself:

1. A storyline that clearly relates where in the Zelda series mythology this game takes place.
2. An awesome storyline filled with great characters and a wonderful plot.
3. Music on par with Ocarina of Time, but orchestrated and epic in tone.

Master Goron

For me:

SUBROSIANS!!!(I wish...)
A cool new musical instrument
A more challenging version of TWW's combat system
Long but fun story
Lots of side quests
A huge underwater world(Water Realm maybe?)
Many enemies
Memorable tunes
Gorons(Good and Evil)
A mysterious Story
Cool NPC's
Fighting alongside Zelda

That's all I can think of now, but I'm sure there's more

Red_Fury

Dragons! (had to get that out of the way)

Sword fight with Dark Link or Ganondorf. As in a proper sword fight. Just imagine the camera zooms in and the fight starts. Instead of hitting the A button to attack you use the A button in conjunction with the control stick to do different sword swipes and you could defend with L or dodge attacks with R and pressing the appropriate direction on the C stick. I know this will never happen, but I hope that there is a game someday that does offer this kind of control of a sword swinging hero/ine.

Tweaking of the WW fight system to make parries harder to do and/or weaker.

Some music on par with the highly memorable Saria's Song.

Depth to the characters. TWW was the only game where Ganon has some depth to why his is doing what he is. The others are  'he is the bad guy, he wants the Triforce so he can take over Hyrule stop him.'

Bosses as big as their dungeons and more of them.

weienw

Mmm... some awesome and elaborate puzzles! Kind of expecting that, though, anyway.

QuoteFighting alongside Zelda

Zelda for two players? XD

Darth Wyndisis

A multiplayer Zelda game for gamecube was something I always wanted.  It would be cool if they made a version where you could have the option of playing the bad guy.  That, of course, would have to be incorperated ingeniously.

Jack

Quote from: shadowlink13 on May 03, 2005, 06:20:17 PM
A multiplayer Zelda game for gamecube

Well, FSa technically fulfills that role, but its more of a "Zelda Party" (instead of Mario party) than a real multiplayer game.

weienw

Plus, for FSA you needed a whole lot of buddies with GBA's. -_-

I can imagine the near-impossibility of a fan-satisfactory 3D multiplayer Zelda, though... something Crystal Chronicles or even Gauntlet-esque, eh? Mind boggling. Even if all they had were side multiplayer mini-games...

Jack Half a Prayer

Well as for length, I don't think anyone should worry; this game is supposed to be 70+ hours. And they've talked about how they'd like to include a second player in some way.

Personaly I was hoping for a drastic change to the combat system, but no such luck it seems. At this point what I really want to see are new "zelda Toys" bombs, bow and arrow, boomerang, etc. These have all been in every game. Lets see something new. I loved the Deku leaf, and the Gnat hat, lets see something like that. Please at least one athenticly new item.

Marin

Second player? I hope its not tingle... costs too much. Zelda or maybe the guy with the shiekah symbol on his cloak...

I hope this game will have a hammer. I love the megatons hammer. Some more magic like dins fire. Lots of monsters and side quests.

Darth Wyndisis

It would be neat if they used a combat system like the one in the Star Wars: Jedi Knight Series, for those of you who know what that is like.  In short it is simple, and you can do a lot of crap with a sword/lightsaber using and attack button along with directional movements.

weienw

Hey, I think I know what you're talking about... it was a PS1 semi-side scroller (maybe a bit like yoshi's story XD) star wars game?

Like, R1 for deflecting enemy lasers, and you would use the joystick thingummy to direct where you wanted to deflect the lasers to? Stuff like that?

---
I think one very interesting addition would be... jumping. I'm not sure if the other 3D Zeldas had jumping, but I remember that it was all automated for OOT... run towards the ledge and then autojump! ^_^ Though I guess Z-targeting sorta took care of jumping in fighting...

Evilslayer

I don't want to see free jumping. That would get annoying. It's annoying in Mario, and it will be annoying in Zelda. ::)

QuoteWell as for length, I don't think anyone should worry; this game is supposed to be 70+ hours. And they've talked about how they'd like to include a second player in some way.

Don't get your hopes up. OoT was supposed to be 40+ hours.

Anyway, I'd like to see SHADOW Link appear in this new Zelda. He's his own person, not some dark mirror of Link like Dark Link.

I'd also like to see an evolving friendship between Link and Zelda, which eventually turns into romance. Another thing I want to see is lots of plot twists and an emotional story. And I want to see several large villages, but that has already been confirmed.

Jack

Quote from: Evilslayer on May 05, 2005, 11:49:25 PMDon't get your hopes up. OoT was supposed to be 40+ hours.

But OoT was 40 hours... you know, if you fish for about 20.

Darth Wyndisis

I would love to see Shadowlink appear.  I'd like to have an option of auto and manual jump.  

weienw

QuoteBut OoT was 40 hours... you know, if you fish for about 20

WAHA! But you're right... how can you even SHOW YOUR FACE among your OOT friends if the heaviest fish that you've ever caught was only 10-11 lbs? The dream lunker (as my buddy always called it) is waiting...

I can't wait for the new fishing system in Zelda 2005. But about length, they did say that it was supposed to be 2-3 times more than OOT, so maybe the math holds true for the fast gamers.

QuoteI'd also like to see an evolving friendship between Link and Zelda, which eventually turns into romance.

I concur :D!